Dealing with Great Emotional Sorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Great Emotional Sorrow.

I lost my Best Friend. An Extension of Myself. Vaylu~My Mobility Service Dog~ was put to sleep 2 wks ago. Vaylu was 7.4yrs old. He was a Beautiful Proud Great Dane. He Knew all things MS. He Replaced what MS has Tried to Take.

Vaylu was an Extension of Myself.
    I am dealing with a Crushed Heart. I did go to my PC last week. I do have a script, as needed to help me. I am not surprised that my cognitive and physical symptoms are worse. I Pray they will not stay.

OH ... I'm so, so sorry.

It's difficult enough to lose a beloved pet ... but when you've had that kind of partnership ... I can't even imagine how you're feeling.

Thinking of you ...

Comment

I am so deeply sorry for your loss.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

My deepest sympathy goes out to you.

He was also lucky to have you in his life. In the future, when you are ready, I hope another guide dog may fill the void.

Please come back any time to vent or share great stories about Vaylu.

Bree

Comment

I can't imagine losing a pet who is not only a companion but assisted you faithfully, at your side on good days and bad.

Definately contact your doc about ADs if you need the help at this difficult time.

I'm really sorry for your loss and grief.

Comment

My heart goes out to you.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that everybody says to think of all the good times, but the loss of a beloved companion is so traumatic that that's impossible to do for awhile.

I had to put my beloved 16-year-old Golden Retriever to sleep just two days ago, so I understand somewhat about the empty black hole you feel right now. This is the first time I've ever had to live completely alone in an empty house and the silence is cold and deafening. I know it must be so much worse for you because Vaylu was also your devoted service partner.

Please stay in touch with your doctor for help as you need it. What's helping me right now is knowing that the grief will lessen with time, and then I will be able to remember all of the wonderful years I had with my beautiful Chandler. I pray that your grief will lessen with time, and that your wonderful memories of Vaylu return and fill your heart. I think your symptoms will get better with time too.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Vaylu. I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

OMG I am so sorry. RIP Vaylu.
                Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Oh {{{{redeemed}}}}!!!

Sending you comforting hugs

Loosing a service dog would be very difficult, and no one who would completely understand if they had never had one , but know that WE ALL care and try to understand. You DID loose a piece of yourself. I am glad to read that your PCP has you on some meds. It will probably take some time for you to grieve. GIVE yourself as much time as you can. You lost a "family member", of sorts.
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Rainbow in the Sky

Redeemed,

I am truely sorry for the loss of Vaylu.

While he was your best friend, companion, server, family member (our kids with fur). Know that HE was the one who was blessed to have YOU!

He gave of himself to you and you to him. Working side by side for the needs of the both of you. He was meant for you and you for him.

Vaylu was a precious gift from God.

He has climbed to heaven and reached the heart of God.

Know that in time, your heart will ache less. But there will always be that special place that no other can replace.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!
                    STR

Comment

There are no right words to say.. so I'll leave you with a HUGE HUG and to know you are not alone~

Warmly, Jan
                      I believe in miracles~!
                      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thank You for such kind words of encouragement. I felt some release after posting. It is special to know that although we may not have met~we share the common thread of MS. With that said, I know you're all GREAT !!

I wish you all well and maybe this is the day MS is figured out

Comment

sorry about your loss
                          grief takes time

Comment

MS dx's 2000
                            Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
                            X