VCUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCUG

Hi. I will be having 4 tests on Monday for my bladder. Starts with an ultrasound, then VCUG (voiding cysto-urethrogram- to check if my kidneys are getting backed up), hour break then urodynamics and finally a cystography. And I get to meet with my urologist right after to learn what's going on and the plan.

I've been getting lots of UTIs and last check had Grade 3 Trabeculation of my bladder. Yikes, big words. I read that trabeculation is when the bladder muscles thicken over time. I've been self-cathing twice a day for 5 years. Urologist thinks I may need to cath more. uhg. But this testing will show what's going on.

Just wanted to share with others who may understand. I will write about the results. If anyone has any questions about these tests, I will be happy to share. (I am usually quite strong but all these tests are a bit hard to take).

Thanks for "listening."

Alison

Support

Hi Allison,

I haven't been on this board for awhile, but I saw your post and wanted to respond. I have a daughter who has multiple disabilities (I'm the one with MS). But she had to go through all those same, grueling tests when she was about 20-years-old. I just want you to know that there is someone out here that really does know what you are dealing with. This is a LOT to go through in one day. I'm really surprised that they expect you to be able to have a meaningful discussion with the doctor on the same day as the tests. I think you should be well-rested for that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers🌹

Denise

Comment

thank you

Thank you so much for your post. I am sorry that your daughter had to endure these tests. I am heading to bed right now to get some good sleep.
      Be well,
      Alison

Comment

Working...
      X