reaching out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reaching out

My name is Katerina. I am 31 years old. I was diagnosed on November 26th, 2011. ( the day before Thanksgiving). I had been having numbness of my right arm, left leg, spells where I was very confused, Shocking in my neck, all after my third chils was born. Finally it got so bad, I was barely ably to walk my sister brought me to the E.R.
    It as been a rollercaster since then. One relaspe after another.......I am now going to be starting the tysabri in September.. So nervous.

Hi Katt

Sorry you had to join us here, but welcome. I started tysabri a year ago. It has been the only thing to stop my downward spiral. I had five major attacks in 15 months and after each one there was less of me.

I've got permanent damage to my hands and feet and some cog issues. Ty hasn't made them go away, but I havent had a flare in exactly one year so I am sooooo grateful.

I am JCV + but the risk is worth the reward for me. I wish you luck and improved health! Keep visiting here. It is a big help!
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

WELCOME KATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad you are here, but sorry you needed to be.
      I am 45, I was diagnosed 12 years ago in December(Merry Christmas).
      I was on ty until I developed anti-bodies to it. While on that, I remained stable. I hope you do also. Good luck.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Nice to meet you, Katt! Hope your experience with Ty will stop this roller coaster you mention. Under our forum called "Medication and Treatments", there is a sub-forum "Tysabri" where you might want to read the posts. (if you haven't already). Lots of information from our members regarding their experiences. Don;t be shy and ask lots of questions~

Take care!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X