Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW TO MS

HI
    EVERYONE IM FROM FLA WAS TOLD IN MARCH I HAVE MS.MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE STAYING AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE EMBRASSED WITH ME SO NOW MS HAS GAVE ME A VERY LONELY LIFE THE CHAT WORLD REALLY HELPS ALOT.
    THANK YOU
    ANKIA58

Hi ankia

Welcome and sorry you have a reason to join us. Sorry others are ignoring you, but that seems to be a common way people react to the news.
    I'll be they're not embarrased, they just don't know what to do or say. Try talking to them about other things.
    You should join a newly diagnosed group with others in your same predicament.

Good luck to you
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

A lot of new friends

Hello, Welcome, and it would be better if you were not here because of M.S. aka (The Monster).
      The people that are really your friends probable just do not know what to say or how to act around you. Do not give up on all of them yet. Try joking around with them about it that usually lets them see that you are really just the same you. Many people are actually afraid they will do or say the wrong thing to you.
      The ones that stay the same are not really your friends anyway and never were and you are better off without them. Just remember some will take more time so do not burn any bridges.
      Once again welcome, Tortis

Comment

HI ANKIA....
        I MET YOU IN CHAT THE OTHER NIGHT. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I AGREE WITH THE OTHER POST, THEY (YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS) JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL, I PUSHED AWAY SO MANY PEOPLE, BUT MY REAL FRIENDS WOULDN'T GO AWAY.

WHAT FAMILY MEMBERS I HAVE HERE ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE. BUT MY HUSBAND QUIT ON ME, SO THAT IS THE WAY IT IS. I AM ADJUSTING...I WILL COPE.... I WILL SURVIVE AND SO WILL YOU...I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND.

REMEMBER THIS.... (I SAY IT TO MYSELF ALL THE TIME)
        "I CAN AND I WILL.....JUST WATCH ME" I KNOW IT IS SILLY BUT IT SEEMS TO HELP ME. THINK POSITIVE WHENEVER YOU CAN! GO INTO CHAT, THAT WILL LIFT YOU UP.

HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ankia 58 View Post
          HI
          EVERYONE IM FROM FLA WAS TOLD IN MARCH I HAVE MS.MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE STAYING AWAY BECAUSE THEY ARE EMBRASSED WITH ME SO NOW MS HAS GAVE ME A VERY LONELY LIFE THE CHAT WORLD REALLY HELPS ALOT.
          THANK YOU
          ANKIA58
          Hi I think people should not say away from you.

Comment

ANKIA
            I feel your pain and I hope this forum will help you to escape from your feelings of loneliness. You need to find the nearest MS support group and get in it. Contact the local MS society help line. They always have a contact that should be able to steer you to some3 meetings and events. Staying inm touch, socially, with others can be a very good medicine for you. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X