Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi all!

I am new here-and officially new to MS (diagnosed in May), but I've had symptoms (and abnormal MRI's) for over 13 years.

I have been diagnosed with RRMS but I wonder if I might not be SPMS. My last relapse attacked my spinal cord and left me totally numb from the waist down, and while I finally can feel stimulus and cold/hot again, I have been left with some pretty awful symptoms that just aren't getting any better. In fact, my muscle weakness and balance are so bad now that my dr just prescribed a wheelchair for me. It's been so hard to go from not great but still fairly normal to this virtually overnight! Really not liking MS, I have to say. >:-(

I am 39, married, and a SAHM of 3 (19, almost 10, and 7). I can't do most of the things I used to love, but I can still listen to the music that means so much to me, and I can still read, and I can still laugh, and I can still love my family. Those are the things that keep me going!

So that's a little about me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

WELCOME DANI!!!!! Great to have you but sorry why. I also progressed quickly (walking to wc) in six years.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thank you Hunt! It's kind of scary, how quickly I've progressed since this last relapse. One day I just woke up like this!

Comment

Dani, we're just "lucky" i guess! if you haven't figured it out yet, i'm a jokester! most days i just laugh at myself. I was dx 12 years ago so i probably have a much lighter view of things. 44 and male, live in nw pa.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

Comment

I just noticed that you had sys for 13 years, it took me 7yrs to get dx, and i had sys for a few more years.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

Comment

Newbie also

Originally posted by Dani4811 View Post
            Hi all!

I am new here-and officially new to MS (diagnosed in May), but I've had symptoms (and abnormal MRI's) for over 13 years.

I have been diagnosed with RRMS but I wonder if I might not be SPMS. My last relapse attacked my spinal cord and left me totally numb from the waist down, and while I finally can feel stimulus and cold/hot again, I have been left with some pretty awful symptoms that just aren't getting any better. In fact, my muscle weakness and balance are so bad now that my dr just prescribed a wheelchair for me. It's been so hard to go from not great but still fairly onormal to this virtually overnight! Really not liking MS, I have to say. >:-(

I am 39, married, and a SAHM of 3 (19, almost 10, and 7). I can't do most of the things I used to love, but I can still listen to the music that means so much to me, and I can still read, and I can still laugh, and I can still love my family. Those are the things that keep me going!

So that's a little about me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
            Hello and "WELCOME!"
            I am also a Newbie to MS World!
            Years ago I was on for short time....but kinda drifted off due to having a very busy schedule with my 3 kids I was raising alone...it was very overwhelming needless to say.
            Since my last child turned 18 I moved 2 hours away to Ohio with my BF.
            I began substituting last year working with "Special Needs" children. I plan on returning back to subbing this school year.
            I enjoy subbing because some days I feel fatigued and don't feel like doing much of anything....and then I have my good days when you can't keep me down...LOL!!!
            I recently found a new Neurologist and had new MRI's done. The bad news is...I have MS (lol) the good news is...my lesions on my brain and masses on my thorasic haven't grown since 5 years ago! Thanks to Copaxone!!!
            Some days I fight depression...I do not know anyone here in Ohio and have days when I just sleep due to bordom...I go to the YMCA 4 days a week in the mornings and that really helps pick me up! Its also great for my high cholesterol!
            Some of the things I enjoy doing is drawing, playing the guitar and writing in my journal...one day I would like to write a Biography of my life! I have been through quite a lot for a woman of 51 yrs old and my reason behind writing my "Life Story" is to uplift someone else who may be facing some of the many challenges that the Lord brought me through!
            Although I do not attend church...I have very strong faith in God! Without HIM I could not have gone through the difficult trials in my life.
            I love hearing from other's who have MS. I need to stay in contact with those who are going through the same thing as me.

Remember: In the end....It doesn't matter what you own, how big your house is, what car you drive or how much money you have in the bank...what TRULY MATTERS is "WHAT" we leave in the hearts of others that will be left to carry on forever...AMEN!!!
            God Bless you ALL!!!
            (((((((HUGS))))))))
            Patty
            Smile cause it makes people wonder what'chur up to...

Comment

Working...
            X