New to this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this...

hey everyone, i was diagnosed with MS sept 7th of this year, but my attack first started in may....i believe i've had 3 symptoms. no attacks since(knock on wood), i live in a really small surf town, Tofino, British Columbia and i'm 26 years old. i'm just trying to figured out what i should look for in symptoms/pre attack. My neurologist says that i have RRMS, that'll most likely have another attack...*not that i'm waiting for an attack...

is that possible? do you know when an attack will start? does something in your body tell you its going to start.

yesterday was strange, i was feeling really heavy in my left arm, and i seemed to be going through hot and cold stages (i'm not sick) ....i was cold for an hour, then i was sweating, back to cold, back to sweating all last night. does this happen? am i just over thinking it? maybe paranoid a little?

thanks for reading.
    Sara

Welcome sara.g!!

I have friends who have been up to Tofino - we're "somewhat neighbors" so to speak, altho I'm in US. Being RRMS generally does mean you will eventually have another flare up, but as to when - that can vary! On my MS journey, it began with a flare about every 1 1/2 year, but the course of our MS varies from person to person.

Most of mine came unexpectedly, but it's hard to remember the details. It's been years since I've had a flare! (I am SPMS now) Hopefully, others will chime in and share their story.

In the meantime, take deep breaths and try to relax~~ read up all you can, stay healthy with a good diet and exercise and try to stay positive!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

also kinda sorta neighbors

I am 62 and live on the north Olympic Peninsula in Washington. Was diagnosed in Oct 2010. Not too much disease activity so far. I've been on Avonex for the past two years and so far so good. Welcome to the World... you'll get lots of good info here.

Comment

Working...
      X