new here optic neuritis/MS since 1998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here optic neuritis/MS since 1998

My story - had optic neuritis in 1998 followed by MRI which showed lesions on brain. IV steroids for ON then after 2 years started on Avonex based on Champs study results. Been that way ever since. No other exacerbations or downward progression. Feels kind of weird to take a shot every week but I know it's being proactive. I live in the northwest with my significant other and work as a wetland biologist. Have been fortunate to do some traveling - Europe, SE Asia - Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Africa - Ghana and Namibia, and others - Turkey, Cuba, Costa Rica, Mexico. Very grateful that I've been able to lead an unaffected life so far. Would like to here from others with a similar history.

OPTIC NURITIS NO FUN

Been on Copaxone for 4 yrs, minimal flare ups, few hours only. Daily shots no fun, diaganos in 5/12. Walking, but not remembering, so maybe growing into new drug. P/t, O/t, and cognition/t in December.

Traveling is limited to USA. I fear people(crowds), so I really enjoy the chat room here. Welcome to the nices place online.
    "To Love and be Loved, is lifes greatest gift"
    Limbo 2008-12, DX 5/12, COPAXONE, GABBY, BACLOFEN, MISC.

Comment

Working...
    X