Just Stopping By Buzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Stopping By Buzzzzzz

Hey all, haven't been here in a while. Still have SPMS, darn it.

Just wanted to come in and announce that some invisible being has been holding a taser to my right cheek (on my face) for 3 months now. And, like everything else, the more I get tired, the stronger it gets. So, since my morning baseline is exhaustion, I buzz through the day. By bed time I wanna cut off my cheek.

Neurontin, at a kick my butt dosage, does stop the buzz, but it stops everything else too.

So, that's all for today, just needed to share. Hope everyone is having a comfy day!

Oh, and also I'll add that I now know what "crippling fatigue" actually means!

I'm sorry. That sounds awful! I hope you can get some relief!

Sara

Comment

Buzzing

I have a lot of buzzing at the onset of my relapse, (RRMS) and then a lot of it at the end of my relapse. Often brief bouts of it during. Very annoying. Scary at first but now is a red flag of oncoming events and the end of events. So... for me it's annoying as all get out but for me signals changes so that I can prepare for the changes.
      Dave Tampa, FL
      "Journeyman"

Comment

God bless

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble and pain! Wish there was more I could say. Just wanted you to know you are not alone and there really are people who care. Have a very Blessed day and I do hope you can find some relief! Sue

Comment

I'm sorry, HereIam It's damn annoying, isn't it.

I have had buzzing/vibrations, off and on, since my diagnosis. Sometimes it's related to L'Hermittes and sometimes it's not. Mine are always either from mid spine down or waist down and includes the girlie parts.

I have simply learned to ignore the buzzing/vibrations --- for the most part. When the buzzing/vibrations increase in intensity they become harder to ignore. Sometimes this could signal an exacerbations, most of the time it does not.

I have never bothered trying any medication for the buzzing/vibrations. In my case I prefer to deal with the symptom than deal with medication side effects.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hello Here

I can relate. I have a low-level but constant buzzing all over. They tell me to take gabepetinin(whatever) and I started but had such a mental resistance to the pills that I stopped. I still have the buzzing but trying to deal with it with daily (I mean daily) exercise (PT, pool or yoga). I also make it a point to REST (maybe more than your normal). and of course I "buzz" the most when I eat the wrong thing (diet is no joke).

This is my experience with buzzing. Sorry you're having trouble.
            [I]Tellnhelen
            Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

It's unlikely this buzzing is going to stop, and so it will be part of my "symphony," it's amazing what you can get used to. Since I have SPMS, I do not have relapses, I have collections. I am a hoarder of symptoms.

Lately I am simply more and more fatigued, last night I slept from 10 p.m. til 10 a.m. this morning. I think my symphony wears me out. I've been up for an hour now, and am starting to feel the fatigue returning.

Frustrating. It's tough to be interested in life when so distracted, but I do my best and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by HereIam View Post
                It's unlikely this buzzing is going to stop, and so it will be part of my "symphony," it's amazing what you can get used to. Since I have SPMS, I do not have relapses, I have collections. I am a hoarder of symptoms.
                Hi HereIam - sorry your "symphony" wears you out. No fun! But, your assessment of SP made me smile - same here for me too. The "collections" keep piling up like a house of cards.

Hang in there. It's one sx I haven't dealt with, so can't help you, but I hope the buzzing doesn't last long.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

"It's amazing what you can get used to" - indeed it is. things you would have once thought unbearable or at least a major medical emergency just become "Hey, ho."

It's very strange. The pain and discomfort and disability is still real enough, but you sort of adjust.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your love and support, it is uplifting.

When I go through the steps of getting used to yet another disabling symptom my thoughts first are "Really, I have to live my entire life like this?" and then I move on and deal. And aside from my walking and twitching and shaking, the majority of my symptoms are invisible. If one more person tells me I look great, I am going to push someone down the stairs. LOL.

Really, do we have a choice? Not really. Especially with SPMS, there's nothing to be done to end this march.

It's frustrating to look forward to the days ahead, hoping they will be filled with joy and activity, but knowing all the time MS will be my partner in all I do.

Comment

Working...
                    X