light flash eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light flash eyes

Good morning! Many times I have a symptom and then wonder is it MS? I've been noticing a flash of light (best way I can describe it) out of the corner of my eye. Had an eye exam about a month ago by a Neuro eye doctor. He said I was fine. Really don't want to go back to him though. He made feel rather insignificant. He looked at my age 64 and immediately said "wow, you must have an extremely mild case" and rather "poopooed" the whole thing. Maybe I'm being silly but sometimes it gets frustrating when people (including my Neuro) you're looking good and you're not getting any worse".

Of course I am grateful for that but what they don't know is that my hands were feeling numb as we talk, that my muscles were hurting and I couldn't wait to get home to rest I am so exhausted. That I couldn't remember what they said just minutes ago. That when I drove to the store blocks from my house I couldn't remember how to get home! When I had to call my daughter because I couldn't find my car in the WM parking lot and couldn't even think how to look for it. Was the most horrible feeling...alone and confused! Most people feel if you can walk it must be mild or not serious (I used to be one of those people).

I never realized I could wake up tomorrow with totally different symptoms. The "unknown" is the scary part. Wow, I had to go back and read why I started this! Lol Never meant to go on like this! Although, all these things have been bothering me. Most of my symptoms are invisible to others. Not looking for sympathy, just understanding. That's why I'm glad I found this forum! Anyway, back to the eyes...Lol...it's a flash of light I'm seeing just every so often out of the corner of my eye. I also see things wrong (I read someone else experiencing same thing)'''glad to hear I'm not crazy since eye doctor said not my eyes. Has to be cognitive.

One of my lesions is down the center of my brain. Thinking that's it. Just wondering about the light and should I just ignore it. I had a tear in my retina several years ago (other eye) but was also seeing lots of black specks at that time. No black specks this time but did have that light flash few years ago when I had retina tear. Costs so much money every time I call the doctor! Well, if you made it this far, thanks for listening to me! It is so appreciated because I feel I have found someone who finally understands! Just thought maybe someone else has experienced something similar. Have a Blessed day everyone!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

That light flash that you have experienced is what I experienced just before I was dx'd 4years ago. I saw 3 opthalmologists and the chief of opthalmology at Wills Eye in Philadelphia. They all had different dignoses. I saw a neuro-opthalmologist and he suggested I go see a neurologist. That's how I began this miserable journey. I suggest you go see a neuro-opthalmologist. Good luck

Comment

Thought I was alone

I have been having the same symptoms haven't got checked. just like you people think I am fine, and just want sympathy. If they only knew that I am in constant pain. I can walk but it hurts so bad. Excrutiating lower back pain.

Comment

light flash eye

Oh, I so appreciate the responses.
        It is just nice to know we are not alone, Cheryl.
        I'm sorry, Jerry that it has been so bad for you, too. The ironic thing is I did go to a Neuro eye doctor about a month ago. He was the one I felt was very arrogant. Said I must have an extremely mild case because I was diagnosed so late in life.

I actually went because I was not seeing thing right. I might look at 45 and see 65 or food is good or whatever. I believe that is cognitive from all I read and that Neuro eye doc quickly said, "you must have a very mild case and this has nothing to do with MS." Now this flash has started and I really don't know what to do.
        Do I go back to him? Do I try to find someone else? Not sure.

I may call my Neuro and hopefully get his opinion. So much to learn and take in! I never know when I should call my Neuro or when to just put up with it. I certainly don't want to lose my sight! But I'm not rich either! Tests tests tests....I know you all can appreciate.
        Thank you Cheryl and Jerry for taking the time to respond to my post!! Good luck to both of you and have a very Blessed day!
        ** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Working...
        X