MSWorld Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSWorld Celebration

Did you know that on July 10th MSWorld will celebrate its 18th Birthday?

MSWorld began in July of 1996 with just SIX people in a chat room. We now have a membership base of over 110,000 people worldwide!

Join us in celebrating this amazing milestone, where people around the world are coming to MSWorld to gain support and help end the isolation brought on by Multiple Sclerosis.

Donate $18 for 18 years!

We want to know how MSWorld has helped you... so please send us in your words, video, audio, picture… however you want to send your thoughts! You can also just share your MSWorld Celebration Thoughts by replying to this thread.

We look forward to hearing from all of our dedicated members.
    Please send in your submissions to Celebration@msworld.org

Want to see some Video Trailers that MSWorld’s President, Kathleen Wilson, has made for MSWorld’s 18th Birthday? Click here.

You can also celebrate with MSWorld by buying an MSWorld Birthday Celebration T-Shirt! Click here to check it out in our CafePress Store!

Let’s make July 10th MSWorldDay on Social Media!
    Do you use Social Media? Lets get #MSWorldDay trending. Help spread the word about MSWorld’s 18th Birthday, by using the hashtag above.

If you haven’t seen our latest video, “MSWorld 2014: The Magic of Helping Others”, please take a few minutes to watch this amazing video made by MSWorld’s Founder & President, Kathleen Wilson.

To stay up-to-date on all things with MSWorld's Birthday Celebration, click here.
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Ringer1319/RingpOP
    MSWorld Volunteer
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

Not Yet!

Being so new to this.....it brought tears to my eyes reading this. I pray to my higher power that it does. So many informative people on this site I just can't BELIEVE it!!!!!! I truly hope I can write some day that it has helped me. I pray for all of you from the bottom of my

I will light a special candle on July 10th for all of us and will listen and watch the videos that day.

Bless each and everyone of you and me.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
    RRMS
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

On behalf of all of us, I want to congratulate Kathleen Wilson, our founder for giving birth to MSWorld 18 years ago! And with the continuing help and support of all our dedicated members worldwide, we watch your "baby" come to full adulthood!

"It Takes a (Worldwide) Village"
      Happy 18th Birthday MSWorld
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

July 10th!!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm excited about this birthday bc it really is INDEPENDENCE DAY for all of us.

Please have a look at the short video trailers I made 4 leading up to this day. link to them on the home page above the countdown window!

One more to go for tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for making MSWorld what it is today.

Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
        Founded MSWorld in 1996

Comment

It's July 10 on the East Coast... Our 18th. Birthday Celebration is underway!

These six video trailers are so awesome and inspiring:
          MSWorld's 18th. Birthday Video Celebration

Check out our Special Edition 18th. Birthday Newsletter

Let's Keep Building on the Past and Embracing the future to live a better MS Lifestyle every day.

Thank You Everyone for Helping Make MSWorld what it is today and what it can be tomorrow!

Comment

Happy 18th Birthday, MSWorld

MSWorld is an anchor for my day and such a great support in times of trouble.

I have met so many creative, intelligent people in chat, who have taught me much not only about MS and how to live with it but also about myself and how I can grow in compassion and trust. I consider many of these people my friends, even though I have never met them in person.

Thank you, MSWorld, and all those who work so hard to make it the "patients supporting patients" treasure it is.

Stay lifted,
            Mermaid
            "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY MSWORLD!!!!!
              I would like to thank everyone ( especially Kathleen) for giving me a purpose ( trying to help others). I not only start every day on here, but I end it the same way. And I can truly say that it is always enjoyable!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN,
              hunterd
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Support? Please explain.
                Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I truly feel blessed to be here to wish MSWorld a very Happy 18th Birthday!

MSWorld gave me a home and a purpose after I could no longer work and after a couple of personal losses in my life.

The number of special people that visit the site is astounding. Each and every one looking for the same thing. Support, compassion, understanding and answers to their questions. I have had people come in to my life that are so very special because of MSWorld, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Here's to many many more birthdays!!!!! and to many many more success stories!!!

Comment

Congrats to MSWorld on your 18th Birthday! Thank you to all who work or participate here. I find this site to be very helpful and sooo supportive to the MS community.

Best wishes and hoping we'll have many more
                    [I]Tellnhelen
                    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Well, I am sorry to be 'Donnie Downer', but I can't see a reason for celebration. There are still no treatments for progressive MS and the drugs that are approved for RRMS are, at best, a 'band-aid' approach to a disabling, heart breaking, disease.
                      Ask me to celebrate when there is proof of curative treatments. These neurologists (brainiacs, all) are still wrestling with the cause and treatments of this disease. And I am sick of being sick.

Comment

Sorry for the 'Downer' comments. Happy Birthday MSW !! You've been a comfort to us. Thanks

Comment

So true!

Hi Jerry,
                          I agree. Check the home page and watch Blu Sky... This might make sense.

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                          Well, I am sorry to be 'Donnie Downer', but I can't see a reason for celebration. There are still no treatments for progressive MS and the drugs that are approved for RRMS are, at best, a 'band-aid' approach to a disabling, heart breaking, disease.
                          Ask me to celebrate when there is proof of curative treatments. These neurologists (brainiacs, all) are still wrestling with the cause and treatments of this disease. And I am sick of being sick.
                          Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
                          Founded MSWorld in 1996

Comment

Working...
                          X