The new girl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new girl!

I was diagnosed with MS almost two years ago but started noticing symptoms about 6 years ago. I am knew to this message board. I don't tell many people that I have MS mostly because I fear rejection or that they will treat me differently.
    I always have my guard up, and I am starting to get tired of always defending myself.
    This morning I decided to join this site in hopes to understand more about my self.

I am a young but have been through a lot in my 23 years. I officially got divorced in October of 2012 but was separated in March, I was married for almost 3 years. I have a son, He will be 3 in November, and now I am a single mom. I have been living with my Dx for almost 2 years, had a huge affect on my marriage.

My ex-husband had no empathy or support for me being diagnosed with MS, I took it really hard.

I currently have an AMAZING boyfriend who has supported me from the day I told him, he even learned to me my injections when I was on Avonex. We have been together for a little over a year.

I am currently a Full-Time nursing student and on tract to graduate with my BSN in the spring of 2016. I also work as a Per Diem in a local ER doing in-take.

I hope that you all can help me in some way relate, I would like to find someone that has some similarities or has been through it to talk to!

Thank you!
    Nicole

Avonex 11/2011 - 03/2013
    Tysubri 04/2013 - currently

Welcome Nicole to MS World! It has been a long time since I was a BSN nursing student, but I did it with little kids too! Then I put my husband through med school. It is admirable what you are doing! I am happy you have a BF who is supportive now. Hopefully that relationship will continue to grow.

Ty is a good drug to get you through school and early RN work. Hoping everything goes well there and you stay JVC negative!

I am happy you joined! Please check out our boards and our chat rooms.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

WELCOME NICOLE!!! it is great can you hear, but I am sorry why. The members here are very supportive, and will help you in your journey. Good for you, I am glad you have a good boyfriend! You seem very positive, that is a great thing!

I think one of the best things you can do is to form a positive support group. Educate those you have told. You can get all kinds of information here. You can also get all kinds of information at www.nmss.org
      good luck to you!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome! You'll find plenty of comfort here.

Hang in there with the nursing program and keep being a good mom. I'm proud of you for both! They are two of the most outwardly directed caring things you could do with your life.
        Diagnosed October 2008 with Relapse Remitting MS (RRMS).

Comment

Working...
        X