Tired!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired!!!!!!!

My name is Glenn I'm 43 and lived with ms for 13 yrs and now I think I got a plate full of ms stuff to deal with I did my inventory of how ms is effecting me and I think its a lot. I use a wheelchair since my walking is so bad,I broken my leg because of bone weakness, Have a bad incontinence problem,have the ms hug all the time on my left side,my balance is terrible, recently my vision is very blurry on the left side and I have a very bad sensation in my arms only during lightning storms its not painful just very agonizing ,Has anyone else had these feelings during storms?Boy this ms stuff is a fulltime thing and I feel mentally weak at times like i'm not fighting this crud as hard as I should be...I get so mad at it and just want it to give me a 5 minute break but this crap just won't leave me alone,I wonder if i'm being a wimp sometimes and need to toughen up???Any ideas from you fellow ms'ers?

I have noticed a difference during storms, but it has not been a big deal. I do know that others also deal with this I moved your thread to here so it gets seen more.something you can try is meditation for a bit of relief ( from your worries and stress). And yes MS does put a lot on your plate.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I know the weakness and tired feeling

I have numbness, tingling in legs and feet and feeling like my feet are burning. No problems with storms so far. I am on SS Disability. I have problems with my bladder but only when I get ill with cold or flu. I have double and triple vision that gets bad when I am tired, which is getting more frequent. I had Relapsing/Remitting MS from when I was 16 until I was 47 when it became secondary progressive. Now the symptoms are here to stay. My husband of 23 years has be diagnosed with Alzheimer's and now I have to look after him as well as do everything by myself. I am TIRED all the time. I will be 64 in Nov. this year and if these are my golden years, I just give up.

I keep hoping for a cure that can help those of us with secondary progressive MS. I can't say Copaxone is helping me. Maybe it has slowed it down but you can't prove it by me.
      I am by myself in Florida.

Comment

No wonder you're tired, BEANBAG. That's the weird thing with life, you'd think you had enough to cope with, without your poor husband getting Alzheimer's, too.
        Here's hoping for better.

Glenn, I've often wondered about the whole 'fight MS' thing. It's exhausting, and it's a bit of a losing battle. Any-hoo. You just have to play the cards you've been dealt. And hope for a re-deal one day.

Comment

Originally posted by gklindera74 View Post
          My name is Glenn I'm 43 and lived with ms for 13 yrs and now I think I got a plate full of ms stuff to deal with I did my inventory of how ms is effecting me and I think its a lot. I use a wheelchair since my walking is so bad,I broken my leg because of bone weakness, Have a bad incontinence problem,have the ms hug all the time on my left side,my balance is terrible, recently my vision is very blurry on the left side and I have a very bad sensation in my arms only during lightning storms its not painful just very agonizing ,Has anyone else had these feelings during storms?Boy this ms stuff is a fulltime thing and I feel mentally weak at times like i'm not fighting this crud as hard as I should be...I get so mad at it and just want it to give me a 5 minute break but this crap just won't leave me alone,I wonder if i'm being a wimp sometimes and need to toughen up???Any ideas from you fellow ms'ers?
          Anyone who has MS is not a wimp. It takes a tough person to deal with the disease. I don't think you need to toughen up, but I do think there are a few things you can do about making things more comfortable.

First, let me applaud you for realizing that it was time for a wheelchair and using one. A lot of us are stubborn and don't do that.

Second, your eye issue needs to be checked out. It should not be blurry. Go see an Ophthalmologist and get it straightened out. Might need steroids, but it would be better than not being able to see out of your eye.

Get some mental health counseling and possibly some anti-anxiety meds or relaxation tips. No need to be angry, distraught or upset. Need to have a little fun in you life, even if it is just watching a good movie or playing cards with someone.

Thunderstorms can cause pressure issues, so you could indeed be experiencing that.

And finally, I don't think you can really "fight" MS. There is no secret thing to fix what we have. If there was we would all be cured. You can only do what you are personally capable of doing and that is living life to the best of your ability.
          Katie
          "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
          "My MS is a Journey for One."
          Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X