Hello from New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Hampshire

Hello, I am from southern New Hampshire. I was diagnosed a few years ago and they started me on avonex. I had to come off avonex due to passing out and being very sick.. I battled depression very badly with everything going on around me. I never got any help for it and just went the couple years being miserable.. Looking back it was foolish.. I should have stayed positive..

I finally got my head screwed on about a month ago and started seeing doctors and got myself started on copaxone. I was nervous starting it but have had no site reactions since starting it.. If I had known how easy the daily shot would be for me I would have started a lot sooner.. I will be 40 in a week.. Now I go to the gym everyday, take vitamins and am starting to see that I have MS and MS does not have me.. I try to stay as active as I can and positive.

I am hoping to meet some new friends in my area who have MS and want to talk about the daily issues that surround us.. I called a support group back two years ago and was told they were not taking new people..

I have come to this board just to read whats going on and read the threads.. It is a great place for information.. Thanks for having it..
    DX 2009 - Copaxone

Welcome to MSWorld, Dave from New Hampshire!! We are so glad you joined us. It sounds like you have finally gotten things under control by way of exercise, a positive attitude, vitamins, and changing meds.

That's really a shame that your local MS support group is not taking any new members - in fact, it sounds outrageous!!

Well, we welcome new members each day and you're among friends, so come back often and share your journey with us!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello !

Good for you for taking care and getting a healthy routine going ....that must feel good ,

What kind of support group turns away people in need - i agree that is outrageous! and mean
      Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

WELCOME DAVE!!!!!!! great to have you here, but sorry why! While I am not in New Hampshire, I am in Northwest Pennsylvania. I am 44, almost 45, male, and am not shy about my MS. If you would like, feel free to e-mail me. You can reach me at, hunterd@msworld.org

Any time you have a question and are looking for answers, feel free to ask. People here are compassionate and free with advice. Read as much as you want, and if you choose to respond, great! Good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I was kind of taken back when I called the number listed for the group and they told me it was full. Maybe it's just a small meeting place.. They may have limited space.. I never tried calling them back again, the original call I made was two years ago..

I come on here and read and have learned a lot.. It's a great board with lots of information.. Thanks for the kind words everyone..
          DX 2009 - Copaxone

Comment

I'm originally from northern Maine, I moved to Iowa 3 years ago to get treated.
            New England can be a silly place, huh?
            I miss some of it (the land, some of the folks, Bell's Meatloaf Mix , The Pat's and Red Sox, pubs, etc.) but I'm glad I made the move.
            Anyway, welcome. I think we all learn from each other.

Comment

Hi Dave from NH !

Welcome to the boards. This is a great place.

I am from the Lakes Region NH area and I've been diagnosed with MS for almost 3 years.

I have been working with the NMSS (Greater NE Chapter) on our local walk fundraiser and on a committee to help with program offerings in the state of NH.

We don't have a support group in our area yet, but a few of us are working on it.

I did hear from some of the others on our committee that MS support group leaders can get burnt out and then no one else will step up to take over for them. It could be that the group leader in your area at the time was completely overwhelmed. Remember that these leaders have MS too and we know that things can change day to day for MSers. Not an excuse by any means, but it could explain what was going on.

You should check with the NMSS and see if there is still a group in your area. Maybe it is run differently/by a different leader now than it was two years ago.

I believe that this year's NMSS-NH annual meeting/conference is going to be held in Manchester in October. I will keep you posted when I have the info and that might be a great place for you to connect with some people.

Comment

Hi from New Hampshire!

Just stumbled across your post, and I am also in Southern NH! Would love to chat! 41, married 7 yr old son. Diagnosed 2002 with RRMS. Now is SPMS, and has gotten worse since being diagnosed

Comment

Working...
                X