Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waves of Dizziness

Hello,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has waves of dizziness? During the day at no specific time or activity I tend to get waves of dizziness. It will come and go along with my eye wanting to close up like I am seeing a bright light. Thanks for any input.

Hi,

dizziness isn't fun...that's for sure.

I was recently referred to a Balance Center and found that my dizziness was positional not CNS vertigo

I learned there were 2 types if vertigo/dizziness. One is treatable by using maneuvers of your head, and body...the other needs meds to control.

The balance therapist told me waves of dizziness that usually pass within a few minutes are the kind that can be treated with the maneuvers.

Ask your neuro about a referral to a PT or ENT who is able to discern which type of dizziness you have. I went for years putting up with it because neuros just said it was MS related (I do have a lesion in an area that deals with balance.).

I recently changed neuros and he ordered a few different regimens that hadn't been explored before,,,a sleep study and a couple months of sessions at the Balance center. Now I know it's not the kind of vertigo caused by a lesion, and I have the tools (taught to me by the therapist) to limit the episodes of vertigo. and the PT was the best I've ever had, dealing specifically with my gait and balance.

Hope you get some relief...call your neuro.

Comment

Working...
    X