Burning Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Eyes

My eyes have really been bothering me...for months. They burn almost daily, some days worse than others. It's like when I was a kid and swam in a chlorinated pool for a long time and my eyes would burn from the chlorine.

I went to an Ophthalmologist and was tested for dry eye and they said I had border line dry eye condition and I am now using Restasis but they still really burn.

Could this be related to my MS? Could it be related to my immune system reacting to some irritant or allergy?

Does anyone else have an issue similar to this with any suggestions?

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Mine have just started. I have had MS for 16 or so years with no flare ups since the first one. About a week ago my eyes have started to burn just like you described and am wondering the same thing; is it ms or not.

I called my DR but have not heard back from her yet. I am also having a tough time reading anything close or in low light.

Comment

i too have burning eyes. i asked the eye dr (opthamologist) if it could be from the ms. after looking again(dialated exam), there was no evidence of ms causing it, and he said maybe allergies (i`m allergic to pollen anyway). good luck getting to the root of your problems!

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X