Financial Assistance from Shared Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Assistance from Shared Solutions

How does Shared Solutions help you when your copay is over $500? What happens with your deductible, copay and out-of-pocket expenses? Do they reimburse you after you purchase the Copaxone? Do they pay the specialty pharmacy dispensing the Copaxone?

It is done internally some how, I paid my copay of 30 and the rest of it majically disappeared. 30 was all I paid total.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Thanks

I have a 50% copay and also must meet a deductible (which I can't afford either....)

Comment

Shared Solutions will contact your pharmacy and give them the information needed to lower the co-pay. I pay $35.

Comment

I'm on Rebif and did'nt get much help from MS Lifelines so I applied to The Assistance Fund and because I was in the doughnut hole and they paid my 50% which was $1775 and are making my copays. Give them a call, they were very nice and fast. There is always a person to talk to, I;m so greatfull to them

Comment

Thanks

I applied to the Assistance Fund and was denied because I have health insurance - the insurance costs me $10K per year (it's health insurance under the Obama Health Care Act - prior to that my premiums were cost to $2000 per month, but the benefits were better;however,I couldn't afford that any longer so I went without insurance for a year(2010)! I'm a single mom, am disabled and cannot work.

Comment

its2much,
              I'm so sorry they turned you down. That is strange because the person who told me about it (Assistance Fund) was on Copaxone and we both have insurance, I'm not sure what kind she had, I have Medicare. I do hope you can find help even if you have to consider choosing a different med and that might not even be possible for you, but I have heard that Rebif has some very good programs. Good Luck

Comment

I was denied at first too because on initial application I had insurance. I had to wait about 1 month until my insurance lapsed and then they covered me 100%. They are suppose to help with copays. You would like pay only 35.00, but Im not sure how that works. Did you apply with AssistRx?

Comment

So do you no longer

have health insurance?

Comment

(Quote) So do you no longer

have health insurance?

Yes I do have insurance, I had to send in copies of my card and they did talk to my insurance company. I just did this a month ago. So many places, hope I can put the site here {{URL}}assistfund.org{{URL}} Good Luck

Comment

pjsSissy says

she let her health insurance lapse before she got assistance.
                      Since you have a donut hole with medicare (I'm not that familiar with the donut hole but have heard of it), do you no longer have that donut hole when it comes to buying prescriptions other than the one Shared Solutions is helping you with? For example, if you take other drugs what happens with the copays, donut hole, etc with them? (Sorry if I'm confusing - it's the MS......)

Comment

I didn't let my insurance lapse just to get the free meds. I lost my job and then lost my insurance. I new it was coming. When I applied for the copay assist, my insurance was going to lapse in 2 weeks, so when I was denied I waited and reapplied.

As far as my other meds, I'm a huge walmart pharmacy fan. I get meds off the 4.00 "menu", and other meds that are not on the list, walmart has a discount program that we use.

So my baclofen is only like 17.00 (my neuro gives me a huge amount for how he prescribes it) and my amitriptylin is only 8.00 (doc gives me a double script for this for how he wants me to take it.) There's tons of medicine programs out there, you just have to do some digging and applying.

Comment

My question was for those who have

health insurance. I'm sorry to learn of your situation pjsSissy. I was without health insurance for a period of time and mow have health insurance through the health care reform act.
                          Maximumlite mentioned they have insurance and got assistance from Shared Solutions - I was wondering how that works.

Comment

I had insurance and rcvd copay assistance for Avonex, copaxone and tysabri, it is usually based on income level but that is very generous, we were allowed about 60,000 beforethey wouldn't assist.
                            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Is the $60000

what you received in assistance for the drug or is it you household income and if so, how many are in your household?

Comment

Working...
                              X