Avonex to Rebif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex to Rebif

Hi everyone! So happy this place exists!! I was diagnosed Feb 2011, started Avonex in April 2011, I have been great and feeling fantastic (minus the flu side effects), how I am a nurse and I am around many ill, contagious patients. I recently got a raging flu (yes I took the flu shot) and ended up getting a new lesion on my C3. YIPPEEE!! So because it is new, I am transitioning to Rebif. I am really nervous about the side effects, can anyone tell me if their flu like symptoms were worse? Just more frequent because you dose 3 x/week rather than once a week with Avonex....

Has anyone gone from avonex to rebif? Uggg this sucks sometimes, but we all only get one lap on earth and I will do anything to stay healthy and mobile Hope everyone is well....

I've only been on Rebif since May of last year and the only side effect I have is a fever the next day which is easily controled, I do have a runny nose but not sure if related as that seems to be an on going thing with sinus infections I've had what seems like for years.

Comment

Some report that side effects with Rebif can be less than Avonex because the more frequent dosing means a more level amount of medication is in your system thru the week. Good luck with your switch!

Comment

Avonex to Rebif

I too started on Avonex and switched to Rebif after a few months and a second relapse. I did better on the Rebif than I did with Avonex related to flu like symptoms. I also like the subcutaneous shots more than the intramuscular.

Hope all goes well for you.

Take Care
        Silverlinings

Comment

I don't have personal experience with either drug, but I do have a MS friend who switched from Avonex to Rebif several years ago and finds Rebif much "easier to take"...and has done very well on it.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you guys for the insight, so far so good. I am doing the titration pack, so I won't be on maintenance for a few weeks. But with tylenol and ibuprofen, I am feel great! Minus the welts left behind...they look like hickies on my stomach, leg, arm, etc...ha.

Comment

Working...
            X