question about copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about copaxone

My neurologist just submitted the referral to my insurance (AARP United Healthcare) for approval. Does any one know just how long this process may take? I'm anxious to get started. Been putting of dmd's for years now and finally have the courage to try something.
    dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
    started tecfidera 7/10/2013
    rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
    copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
    Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Well, when I first applied for copaxone I had insurance and they approved me in like a week or so, the only problem was my insurance didnt cover the pharmacy that SS wanted to use and, well, thats awhole other story but it led to problems and then I lost my insurance during the delay and then had to apply thru AssistRx which took longer to get approved. All together I waited about 3 months to get started.

I hope you have a better time getting approved.

Comment

Congrats helping your body against MS.

Not sure about time for you.

With that said, I was able to acquire Copaxone through Shared Solutions because my insurance doesn't cover it.

Just in case you need to contact them, their number is:
      1-800-887-8100.

Best wishes.

Comment

update on progress or lack of. I'd not heard anything now for over a week . So I called my medical group to see what the hold up was . They told me the my PCP's office had not submitted the referral yet . Well good thing that I found this out now. I called my PCP's office referring clerk has been so busy that she missed the fax from my neuro. . She said that she's going to work on it now .
        My insurance well ok it so thats ok . My question now is what is the next step after it is approved? Do I call secure solutions now? Do they need me to show them the medicine approval or do they go through my neuro for a copy of the script after its approved by the insurance?
        I'm anxious it get started and work at regaining some of my life. Can't tell huh?lol
        rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)

Comment

For me, once SS got my script from the neuro, SS did all the leg work and called me about the details.

Comment

I'm going to call SS tomorrow about this . Hopefully I can get started on this sometime next week.

Comment

my experience with Shared Solutions

It took me over one full month to get my meds when first ordered on 12/16/11...

You are doing good to keep following up with both SS and your doc office, somehow they lose the orders or there is a lack of communication somewhere.

Good luck!!
              Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
              Ampyra 10mg 2xday
              Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Working...
              X