Rebif taken off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif taken off...

Hi I've been on Rebif for years and recently was taken Off of it because I have very low white blood cell count.
    I am ordered to take three weeks off and then do another blood test.
    I have been off of it now for two weeks tommorow.
    All I have to say is I FEEL GREAT!!!
    I have so much more energy, I've had numbness in my arms, hands and torso for years which is very much better.
    I feel generally great!! I guess with my body filtering the medication through my liver it's taking it's toll.
    Well I think it has made me decide to go off Rebif. I was on Copaxone years ago but my neurologist wasn't happy with attacks I'd been having.

I do not want to have attacks of course but I don't want Rebif to take my life away. I have a heart condition since birth which I've always been told to watch for infections as it can dangerously attack weaknesses in the heart.
    Low white blood cells = danger of infection increases.

I am looking to either switch to Copaxone again OR take one of the new oral drug therapies or there is the new hormone therapy Estriol?

I'd love to hear others imput and experiences with any of these topics, I have a very important decision to make and soon. I don't want to do the wrong thing.
    Thank You

I have wondered if I would feel better without Rebif?

I just started on Ampyra and I feel like it is working.

Is Estriol the hormone, that we produce when we are pregnant? I always felt so good, when I was pregnant!

Sara

Comment

Yes Estriol is that hormone
      I really feel great off Rebif like my old self
      I have a big decision to make

Comment

I really think I want to quit Rebif, but don't feel like having to deal with starting over!

Sara

Comment

One thing I have to decide is what to take now I don't this opting off ANY medication is wise but I'd like something a little kinder to my body and I'd really really like to stop an injection medication, our local MS support group meets this saturday so I can get more advise there.
          I know doctors want you to take these aggressive medications and should care more about how they effect your life.
          To be honest I am a little scared I don't want my condition to deteriorate.

Comment

I understand completely. It will help you make a decision with your group. Listening last night to ladies from my group, made me think I will stick with Rebif and see about getting an AD. Alot of them were talking about the site reactions with Copaxone & Avonex. One is taking Gilenya and is doing great!

Sara

Comment

Originally posted by darius_kaspar View Post
              One thing I have to decide is what to take now I don't this opting off ANY medication is wise but I'd like something a little kinder to my body and I'd really really like to stop an injection medication, our local MS support group meets this saturday so I can get more advise there.
              I know doctors want you to take these aggressive medications and should care more about how they effect your life.
              To be honest I am a little scared I don't want my condition to deteriorate.
              If you don't want to get more 'aggressive' I think you're stuck with the needle drugs until BG-12 becomes available (possibly less than a year).

Nobody loves the sting, but otherwise Copaxone has been very easy on me (but I'll probably switch to BG-12 ASAP!).
              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
              X