Calcium AEP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With DMTs?

Quick question...can you take CA-AEP and the other combinations I am reading about while on DMTs? Having just been dx with an aggressive RR my doc obviously wants me on something.

Though it is not my first choice, I am going to give it a try and will be starting Rebif assuming they approve assistance. I want to also take as many supplements as possible with the hope that I can get off the DMTs (need to take them for now for my own sanity and to avoid any regret I could get later...not that I will I just want to be able to live with what I choose). -- sorry if I am being confusing --

So...can I take these with the DMTs? If anyone knows I appreciate the help. I am also seeking a nutritionist or homeopathic doc that knows/specializes in MS that I will be asking my questions eventually.

Comment

struck-a-nerve,
      I would do my due diligence before taking anything, supplements and pharmaceuticals .
      I can tell you this, I am dx'd with PPMS. There isn't any approved meds for me. If I don't do something for my health, I will go crazy. So I have been taking a lot of supplements, including Ca2 AEP. I will be taking the Potassium and Magnesium equivalents when I can find out more about them. And ,surprise !, the Ca2 costs about $10 a month. Cheap !!
      Hope you can do something with it along side the DMT's.
      Good luck

Comment

Membrane Complex

In my never ending search I found this item, formulated by the same doctor & company. It has calcium, magnesium & potassium. It's not the cheapest but not too $$$ either. I take it with my malic acid because it bonds with these minerals and helps with the absorption. At least that's what my bottle of malic acid says anyway.

Comment

S 31,
          I know I have seen this product advertised but I couldn't find out what the amounts of the separate ingredients amounts to. I take the Ca2AEP every day 2 X. I assume you are using the Nieper stuff. Will you post the breakdown of the separate vitamins: calcium, potassium and magnesium. It should be listed on the bottle.
          I am going to speak to my 'integrative' doctor, soon, about this product.

Comment

I would post a link to it but I'm not sure what I am allowed to and what what I'm not. It's calcium-400 mg, magnesium-400 mg, potassium-200 mg...all AEP form. Google: Hans Nieper Membrane Complex and you'll find it. Hope that helps

S

Comment

Thanks S 31, I found it on several on-line store sites but no description. So your post is very helpful. I take the Ca2AEP by itself 2X daily. It is 500mgs a pop. So I want to bring this membrane complex item to my doctor and get his input. I am sure it is a fine product, but maybe he will have some thoughts about mixing the two throughout the day.
              Keep me posted as to how this 'complex' is performing. I have a feeling that you will have some interesting observations. Or maybe not.
              You have read about Dr. Nieper, haven't you ?

Comment

JerryD

I have read about Dr. Nieper. I posted a link to an article about him earlier in this thread. Really interesting and somewhat encouraging stuff. I currently on Copaxone, being diagnosed June 2011. I still haven't formally introduced myself. I would just like to find an alternative to this $$$ medication. I think it's ridiculous and frankly, I'm not really fond of the shots. I have acute RRMS which pretty much knocked me down and out of my 2 jobs, one administrative office work and the other one bartending/serving. I really miss the tips. I'd like to know how it works out for you as well. I found it at Lucky Vitamin online.

S

Comment

Working...
                X