so confused about dmd's or no dmd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so confused about dmd's or no dmd's

Since getting on this message board i have gotten alot of help and also alot of confusion. 1 post states dmd's not worth it,others have stopped and felt better,others would never stop. really? What are the facts???????????? I have experimented with going off copaxone,feel great,than think to myself,oh boy,i am worried,now i really don't have ms and its all in my head,or oh my,is a flare coming? whats the difference between getting dependant on these shots vrs. narcotics if taken properly? do u know what i mean. it's all a huge mind#$%#! and please don't post some url....com/blah blah blah.,I can't make heads or tails of it. so seriously,what the #$#@! oooof!

I can say this about long term narcotics as I've been on them long enough I had to sign a long term opiate agreement. The one danger other than dependacy is that it is now taking aim at my teeth and they are breaking and my gums are pulling back exposing the root, and no I never have taken more than prescribed and didn't expect this with no Dental Ins.

Comment

Originally posted by juliebrush View Post
      Since getting on this message board i have gotten alot of help and also alot of confusion. 1 post states dmd's not worth it,others have stopped and felt better,others would never stop. really? What are the facts????????????
      It depends on which facts you choose to believe. In that sense, there are no facts as we're taught. We still don't know. We do know that if a group of people take DMDs, that group will have fewer relapses. We know the grou on average will have fewer leisions.

We do not know how DMDs will act on an individual. They may work for you, they may not. Copaxone may work for you, or maybe rebif.

We also don't even know that if you have fewer relapses and fewer leisions that you'll have less disability. It seems logical and it is the prevailing wisdom, but it has not been proven.

The difference between shooting copaxone every day and taking narcotics? The copaxone may keep you healthy, walking, intelligent and able to pee in a toilet - the narcotics will make you feel great and you'll become addicted.

If you're worried about relapses, take the copaxone. If you'd like to wait and see (as many do), wait to see if you have another relapse.

That's the math.

Comment

I was on Avonex for a year, and had no problem going off of it. I was then on Copaxone for two years, again, no problem going off of it, when it was time to stop taking it for the Tysabri, although I did suffer a relapse. I can't say that about the other meds I take for other conditions. If I went off my Geodon, I wouldn't be able to sleep. If I went off my Cymbalta, not only would I sink into a horrible depression, but I would also start experiencing more pain. Truthfully, the medications that we take for other conditions have much more dependancy side effects - your body gets used to having it, not saying addiction, it's just something your body gets used to - than I believe our DMD's do.
        Diagnosis: May, 2008
        Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

meds

It's your choice..I've chosen to stay with Betaseron, I don't like the shots and didn't like the side effects, but those are mostly gone now.

My walking ability did get better after starting Betaseron. I don't really get 'flares' anymore except maybe my bladder issues.

I have thought about stopping in the past, but decided to stick with my odds, I am better and hope to stay at this level until a cure is developed.
          Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
            It depends on which facts you choose to believe. In that sense, there are no facts as we're taught. We still don't know. We do know that if a group of people take DMDs, that group will have fewer relapses. We know the grou on average will have fewer leisions.

We do not know how DMDs will act on an individual. They may work for you, they may not. Copaxone may work for you, or maybe rebif.

We also don't even know that if you have fewer relapses and fewer leisions that you'll have less disability. It seems logical and it is the prevailing wisdom, but it has not been proven.

The difference between shooting copaxone every day and taking narcotics? The copaxone may keep you healthy, walking, intelligent and able to pee in a toilet - the narcotics will make you feel great and you'll become addicted.

If you're worried about relapses, take the copaxone. If you'd like to wait and see (as many do), wait to see if you have another relapse.

That's the math.
            Answered my question perfectly! If I am worried bout a relapse,take it. Well %^&%ing put!

Comment

Working...
            X