Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
    Hi Shashi,

Could you please mention the specific products you are taking. Although I take vitamins, I am not familiar with these supplements, and I'd like to be sure to get it right, since there seems to be some variations.

Thanks,
    Ricky
    Ricky, I take 1,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitiine and 200 mg of alpha lipoic acid which I purchase from an online store call Puritan's Pride. The upper end of the dosages are 2,000 of ALC and 400 of ALA.

Good luck. I hope they work for you.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi View Post
      Ricky, I take 1,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitiine and 200 mg of alpha lipoic acid which I purchase from an online store call Puritan's Pride. The upper end of the dosages are 2,000 of ALC and 400 of ALA.

Good luck. I hope they work for you.
      Thank you very much, Shashi. I see that Puritan's Pride has a lot of different sizes & potencies. I'll get enough to cover these dosages.

Ricky

Comment

Shashi,

I am very intrigued by this and am seriously considering picking some up today. My question is: should I contact my neuro first and ask him/let him know about this? He put me on Effexor, which was suppose to help with the cog fog and possibly fatigue. It does seem to help some with the cog fog, but definitely not the fatigue. I am always exhausted! I have 2 very active boys, ages 11 and 12 that I want to keep up with! Thank you so much for your information, it's very helpful!

Bobbi

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbiatc View Post
          Shashi,

I am very intrigued by this and am seriously considering picking some up today. My question is: should I contact my neuro first and ask him/let him know about this? He put me on Effexor, which was suppose to help with the cog fog and possibly fatigue. It does seem to help some with the cog fog, but definitely not the fatigue. I am always exhausted! I have 2 very active boys, ages 11 and 12 that I want to keep up with! Thank you so much for your information, it's very helpful!

Bobbi
          It's always a good idea to let our doctors know about anything new we're thinking about taking, IMHO.

Also, although I haven't heard of any dangerous drug interactions with ALA/ALCAR, a call to the pharmacist might be a good idea. Pharmacists are sometimes more knowledgeable about supplement-drug interactions than physicians.

Comment

Thank you for this suggestion, I cannot wait to give it a try. I hope I have the same success!
            🌞Always radiate sunshine🌞

Comment

Originally posted by Ladams79 View Post
              Thank you for this suggestion, I cannot wait to give it a try. I hope I have the same success!
              I hope they do work for you. Come back and let us know how it goes. Oh, and welcome to the boards.
              Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
              Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
              Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Yes

I've taken this as part of my daily supplement for the last 18 months and I feel that it has improved my fatigue and general well-being.

Comment

Hi,

Is there a difference between Acetyle L-Carnitine and just L-Carnitine? I ask because I've found the latter at CVS/Walgreens, but couldn't find the former anywhere but online.

-Jason
                  Diagnosed 06/20/2011

Comment

Originally posted by jburkart View Post
                    Hi,

Is there a difference between Acetyle L-Carnitine and just L-Carnitine? I ask because I've found the latter at CVS/Walgreens, but couldn't find the former anywhere but online.

-Jason
                    Jason - I'm not exactly sure what the difference is but there is a difference. I always get the Acetyl L-Carnitine...good luck. It helped me a lot with fatigue. Also they say the R-fraction ALA is better also. But it is a lot more costly.

Comment

Hi Sashi~

I had been looking everywhere, in so many posts and searches for this thread from you!! And sure enough...I was searching Seasha's posts, and she so kindly directed me here!!

I read hers often and thought you were her, and was confused that her signature didn't show the ALA/ALC doses like yours have...so bless her heart for bringing me back to you

Now that the confusion is over...

I am definitely trying the ALA/ALC combo for my severe fatigue. (because of your initial post, thank you!) and have a couple questions:

1. On the Puritan pride website, do you take the combo of 1000/200 in one pill, or do I purchase them separately?
                      If you are able to post the specific product you take, I'd be so grateful!

2. Besides discussing with my Dr., so you have a certain way to determine the dosage?
                      If that has been answered already in the thread, please forgive me- I will go back through and re-read.

The only thing I have found to successfully (it's awesome) help with my *** fatigue is Nuvigil.
                      However, even as little as 25mg keeps me up at night- even if I take an Ambien to sleep- and bad headaches.

I stopped the Nuvigil and the headaches are gone and I sleep much better- so back to battle for the day...

I also have a very healthy diet, supplements, DMT, etc... And hope the ALA ALC will work for my body

Sorry for long, winding post...Thank you very much!!
                      There is always a rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaika View Post
                        Hi Sashi~

I had been looking everywhere, in so many posts and searches for this thread from you!! And sure enough...I was searching Seasha's posts, and she so kindly directed me here!!

I read hers often and thought you were her, and was confused that her signature didn't show the ALA/ALC doses like yours have...so bless her heart for bringing me back to you

Now that the confusion is over...

I am definitely trying the ALA/ALC combo for my severe fatigue. (because of your initial post, thank you!) and have a couple questions:

1. On the Puritan pride website, do you take the combo of 1000/200 in one pill, or do I purchase them separately?
                        If you are able to post the specific product you take, I'd be so grateful!

2. Besides discussing with my Dr., so you have a certain way to determine the dosage?
                        If that has been answered already in the thread, please forgive me- I will go back through and re-read.

The only thing I have found to successfully (it's awesome) help with my *** fatigue is Nuvigil.
                        However, even as little as 25mg keeps me up at night- even if I take an Ambien to sleep- and bad headaches.

I stopped the Nuvigil and the headaches are gone and I sleep much better- so back to battle for the day...

I also have a very healthy diet, supplements, DMT, etc... And hope the ALA ALC will work for my body

Sorry for long, winding post...Thank you very much!!

I just read every post on this thread and all my questions were answered! I can only say wholeheartedly this forum helps me tremendously!!!

Of course, I found a new question to ask:

To start on the low dosage combo, does anyone have a preference over 200/400 vs 200/500?
                        The study shows 200/500, so I thought I'd start with that, but many posters mention 200/400- so just wondering?

I need to start low as my body has a hypersensitivity to any stimulant, natural or not. Yikes, and go figure I have severe, debilitating fatigue- you'd think I'd need a lot of an antidote.

Funny how our bodies know so much better than us, of what we need . I listen to my body and say thank you

Thank you to everyone post in this thread! Blessings~
                        There is always a rainbow!

Comment

DHEA as an alternative or addition to L-Carnatine?

I'm in my fourth month since starting Tec, and lately the fatigue has gotten really bad.
                          My doctor recommended L-Carnatine, but it does affect thyroid (mine is low) so I haven't been taking it regularly, just once in a while. Could be why it's not working.
                          My endocrinologist says it's okay to take in the afternoon, so I may try a combo with the Alpha Lipoic.
                          However, a friend suggested DHEA for fatigue. I did some research and found it is used for people with thyroid fatigue.
                          Has anyone tried DHEA?

Comment

Can't wait to try this!

I've just read almost every post in this thread and now am super excited to try these two supplements. After my last relapse in 2011, I had made a complete recovery but then I had an inhuman amount of stress from a psychopath and that still lingers a bit but between now and then, the depression from that attack and working so much has put me in a power chair or scooter all the time.

I do feel this tremendous fatigue like my trunk is a boulder and my legs are like tree roots so maybe this supplement combo will help me. I'll post back about it and I'm so grateful for this board.
                            ---------------
                            "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

To answer the OP question, no. I'm going to finish off the last two months and not bother with these anymore.

Comment

I ordered these from AmazonSmile and should have them Saturday. Having an optimist attitude is something I need to hold on to so I can't believe that all the folks who posted positive experiences about this are just dreaming.
                                ---------------
                                "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

Working...
                                X