All right, now I'm really confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right, now I'm really confused

When I was diagnosed, 15 years ago, there were three choices of dmd. Copaxone was brand spangly new in Australia 15 years ago. I went for Beta because one small needle every second day sounded better than one big needle every week or a small needle every day.

Decision made entirely on not liking needles, so I'd definitely have gone for a tablet had there been one back then.
    I took Beta for five years, had a break, then started Copaxone.
    Tysabri was the first new thing, then Gilenya and now there is a veritable shopping list of possibilities. Even no needles at all!

The trouble is while there is choice, that's just about the only real choice. Needles or no needles.

They all do much the same thing, except for Tysabri which is kind of just plain scary.

Which is the best to slow disability? I could care less about 30% fewer flares, unless that means I'd be 30% less disabled, which is doesn't.

Confused means "unable to think clearly". It doesn't sound like your confused. It sounds like your just looking for information. Not having information doesn't mean confused.

It looks like some people have a delay in progressing to disability and some people don't so there are studies with conflicting information. There are a couple of studies that found that none of the DMDs delay disability and some that say some medicines do delay disability. So which DMD works better to delay disability seems to depend on which study you read. That could be why there seems to be no "front runner" in MS DMDs when it comes to disability.

Comment

I recommend the following video on youtube

"The Future of Multiple Sclerosis treatment" by Dr Vollmer from the MS Center in Colorado. He discusses all the current and future medications and makes recommendations.

Comment

Working...
      X