Seriously?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously?!!

So I had my appt. with my pain mgt. Dr. last week. I guess they rotate the drs. every few months so I had a new dr. I had to sign a contract with them stating that I can not be seen by another dr. to get my pain meds, I can only go to the er 2x in a 1 month period and I can only get my meds from the pharmacy I list. Not a problem. I take only the meds I am prescribed and I take them exactly as stated.

Here's my problem, I was rushed to the er 2wks ago for what we thought was diverticulitis. Well, it wasn't but they couldn't figure out what the problem was so they sent me home with prescriptions for anti nausea meds, acid reflux meds and pain meds. I currently take 10/325 Norco 4x a day. They wanted me to add a 5/325 Norco 3x a day, 2hrs after the higher dose. They knew I was on the Norco AND they knew I was a pain mgt. patient. I am ALWAYS up front with my treatment.

Anyway, this new doc. asks if I realize I've broken the contract because I went to the er to get meds. WHAT?!! I told her I was sent to the er because my GP felt I needed a CT scan ASAP so he sent me in. Now, 3 days later, I get this call and they tell me I have to make an appt. to make sure I'm taking my meds as prescribed. Again, WHAT?!! I ask if I've done something wrong and I'm told "No, we've changed our policy and so everyone has to do this." Well, my husband is also a patient and he hasn't received a call!!

My concern isn't really about what is put on my death certificate, I'm dead, who cares! My desire is for the people in charge to quit being so in decisive about the effects of MS and get it out of the gray area. It is a painful, debilitating disease and the only difference between me and you is how fast it advances! I am sick and tired of being made out or treated like an addict because I take pain meds/muscle relaxers.

There wasn't anything I could have changed about my lifestyle that would've prevented this. I was active, I ate right, I don't smoke [which causes lung cancer] and I rarely drank [which could cause liver damage] both of those could be avoided if the lifestyles stopped. Quit treating me like I did something wrong!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Sorry you have to go through this, but try not to take it so personally. The drug seekers have caused this problem, and in doing so, they ruin it for everyone who is legit. I used to work at a hospital, and it was amazing how many stories people had about someone coming into the ER looking for their fix. It does make things more difficult for people who have chronic pain, but they have to do something to help stop the drug abusers from continuing.

I would say your husband didn't get a call like you did because you had to go to the ER and he didn't. Since it did get back to your dr, he probably just wants to make sure you're not abusing the meds.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Working...
    X