First day in physical therapy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day in physical therapy...

And I'm already sore. It seemed like we barely did anything but my thighs feel like lead now.

No complaints though. I soooo need the excercise.
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Hang in there it should get easier and the physical and emotional benefits of being more active will be worth it!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

congrats on going to p.t.!

I love it, look forward to it, and will work even harder to get into some of those "what seem to be like 'piece of cake!' movements, exercises, bendings, tightenings, relaxings, and all. The pain, the next morning, is there; but, it feels like a "good" kind of pain rather than an "o.m.g., I did what?!?!" kind.

The day after the morning after, that pain is gone and I'm ready for the next session.

Plus, I keep reminding myself that going to p.t. gives me the kind of exercise that helps keep me moving, keeps my muscles toned and in shape to support the rest of me to do all that I need to do on any given day.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by zoysia View Post
        congrats on going to p.t.!

I love it, look forward to it, and will work even harder to get into some of those "what seem to be like 'piece of cake!' movements, exercises, bendings, tightenings, relaxings, and all. The pain, the next morning, is there; but, it feels like a "good" kind of pain rather than an "o.m.g., I did what?!?!" kind.

The day after the morning after, that pain is gone and I'm ready for the next session.

Plus, I keep reminding myself that going to p.t. gives me the kind of exercise that helps keep me moving, keeps my muscles toned and in shape to support the rest of me to do all that I need to do on any given day.

Enjoy!
        Thanks, and this exactly! I'm so sick of being a ball of mush and can't believe how little it took - since an intro session is more of a get to know you than a full-on workout - to remind my poor, ignored muscles what it's like to move.

I'm very optimistic. It may not have me running marathons or allow me to wear stilettos, but if the p/t keeps me walking and mobile I'll do it every day if I have to.

And thanks for the well wishes, Jules!
        Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
        X