hyperventilating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hyperventilating?

I am confused. I have numbness and strange like (novicane) like feeling all over my body. My tongue also gets numb (have had steroid treatment for that). My Neuro says I am hyperventilating unconsciously! I was talking to my lifeline nurse on the phone and telling her this said "It is happening right now". She said "I know one thing, you are not hyperventilating. Your breathing is very normal." She said sometimes there is no real explanation for what is happening and they feel the have to tell you something. She said it more diplomatically. Since Easter I have been having more numbness, that tickly,tingling,crawling feel. More tired. Was feeling improvement in that respect since on rebif. Just wondering why suddenly having so many symptoms again? And one last question. When do you call the doctor? When do you just "live with it and accept it". Just want to learn the most I can so that I may live the very best I can!

You generally call when a symptom has been going on steadily for greater than 24 hours (not off and on). Make sure you are not having anxiety by checking your breathing and heart rate. Anxiety generally doesn't keep up while you are sleeping, an exacerbation does. If your symptoms come and go during that 24 hours, forget it, it is not an exacerbation. Wait it out. It will get better, that is just the nature of MS.

Good luck
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

waiting it out

Thank you, Lisa,very helpful. I have learned more here than I ever have at my doctor's office!

Comment

Working...
      X