Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BELIEVE in a 'cure' !

HI All,
    My name is JerryD and I have been on these boards for a couple of years. I want to relate a story to you that has an element of 'faith in God' in it.
    If you are a non-believer, just ignore this thread. Otherwise, comment or not... I don't care.
    Yesterday morning, I got a call from a buddy who asked me if I wanted to accompany him to NYC, Brooklyn, and possibly visit Coney Island. I haven't been more than 30 minutes away from my home in a long time. I used to go into Manhatten, for my job and recreation once or twice a month. The trip is about 2.5 hours from my home.
    We made the trip, and saw Nathan's and Garbaldi's and the Cyclone and the Verrazano and Brooklyn bridges, etc. It was a good day, an extraordinary day.
    And on the ride home, I thanked my buddy for including me (it was just the 2 of us). I know, from our conversations, that he is exploring his spirituality. I asked him to say a simple prayer every morning and night. It goes something like this: It would be great if the cure came to us in the next year.
    I say this every day. And I pray this for all of you, too. Good luck

Thank You!

Thank You! I appericiate it so much! I thank God everyday for my friends and family who give up their time to spend it with me! Love them all.
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

Hi JerryD,

Does your friend have MS, too? I think it's great you went with him to NY. I don't venture too far from home, either. I'm always a bit anxious when I do go farther or for more than a few hours, but feel a sense of accomplishment when I do. Other people have no clue all the challenges we face, it's not just mobility (I.e. bathroom, heat).

I hope you will be an inspiration to your friend. You may provide the seed he needs to grow in his faith. I don't preach at others, but hope I can do the same.

I do expect they will find a way to halt MS in the near future. My prayer is that they will also be able to repair the damage and restore function in the near future as well. May all of us be blessed with a cure.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
        My prayer is that they will also be able to repair the damage and restore function in the near future as well. May all of us be blessed with a cure.
        Amen to this, Kimba!!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Kimba,
          No my buddy doesn't have MS. We were in a 4 piece band together. He plays guitar and sings. And I (used to) play bass and sing. Sometimes we were used as the backing band for singer songwriter types. We played a few clubs in NYC. CBGB, the Bottom Line, etc. And every time we gigged in NY, we spent a few minutes in front of the
          Dakota, to honor John Lennon.
          Just don't forget to say the prayer. Good luck

Comment

JerryD,

Cool. It's great you still are buddies with your former band member, too. I'm sorry you don't play anymore. I hope you can still sing. Not very gifted in that department myself, although I used to play the piano. I never imagined I'd loose that gift.

I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to expecting a cure from medical science anytime soon. I know if something is discovered tomorrow, it will still take years before it's available to me. That doesn't mean I still don't pray for a cure, I have 2 kids I'd hate to see get this cruddy disease. I'm more hopeful something halts or considerably slows down the progression of my disease in the near future.

I do believe there will still be tremendous strides in the treatment of MS. I just pray that they aren't too far in the future for me to benefit from them. For now, I need to keep reminding myself each new day is still a blessing. Not always easy when battling all this disease has thrown my way.

I am grateful for those who are striving to find us better treatments and, ultimately, a cure. Thank God for them.
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you!

thanks for the prayers... we are so close...
              did you read the articles on the main page RSS feed... check it out if you have not... medicalnewstoday has an article that is very exciting.
              your prayers may be answered soon! keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                Kimba,
                No my buddy doesn't have MS. We were in a 4 piece band together. He plays guitar and sings. And I (used to) play bass and sing. Sometimes we were used as the backing band for singer songwriter types. We played a few clubs in NYC. CBGB, the Bottom Line, etc. And every time we gigged in NY, we spent a few minutes in front of the
                Dakota, to honor John Lennon.
                Just don't forget to say the prayer. Good luck

I run a site for musicians, you should sign up!
                Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

I feel a cure or at least good help is on its way. I also don't believe in just sitting back and waiting for it. I am dedicated to keeping myself as healthy as possible in the meantime.

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean to imply anyone was sitting back and waiting for a cure! I just meant I, like many others with MS, I do the best I can with the hand I was dealt.

Comment

JerryD,

I appreciate you sharing the prayer with us, however it was edited out
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I'm with you, JerryD.
                        Diagnosed October 2008 with Relapse Remitting MS (RRMS).

Comment

Thank you for sharing, sounds like you need to get out more often.
                          ....and why was it edited?

Comment

Hi Jerry

I use to believe in God, growing up, alas...that is no longer the case. But it did do my heart good hearing you get out and having a wonderful day! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Katie
                            Katie
                            "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
                            "My MS is a Journey for One."
                            Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Two of my favorite "prayer" versus,

** please keep in mind the diverse nature of our membership. We do not wish to offend any groups.**
                              DX Probable Benign MS 2006
                              Changed to Fibromyalgia
                              Seizure 2011
                              Many new symptoms starting 1/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X