Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Well had my CIS in October 2012 and yesterday had a follow up MRI done. I was given the news that I had two new lesions, so my Doc told me I am now living with MS. I'm kinda scared and don't know what treatment I should go with at this time. I have to return to doc's in a few wks.

welcome......you will find a lot of info and support here!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Welcome maxxah! You've come to the right place to gather information and support on this next leg on your journey. We have a Medication and Treatment forum here that might be helpful in deciding which treatment to go on, based on others experiences. The NMSS has good information too http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...nts/index.aspx

I wish you well. Please feel free to explore all our forums and ask any questions - we're always here to help!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello and Welcome Maxxah!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi,

I'm pretty new here too, but here are my thoughts on meds. It's a personal choice for everyone, but I can share my thoughts I was diagnosed 14 years ago and finally started meds last Sept when I had my first couple of attacks, one in June 2012 and one in Sept 2012. I researched all the available drugs and decided on Copaxone because it had the fewest side effects of all the injectables with the same reduction rate for relapses. It was the right choice for me. I found I was super tired the first 3 weeks on it, but then I reached a plateau and have not had a relapse in 9 months! Yes, it's annoying to inject yourself every day, but I don't get any welts at all, so it's been pretty smooth. Tysabri seems much more effective, but good lord! I can't live with the possibility of getting PML! I am waiting to switch to Tecfidera, the new oral from Biogen as soon as I can get coverage. Hope my own experience is at least a bit helpful!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X