Aloha, I'm Larry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha, I'm Larry

I'm 43 years old and have been living in Kona for a while now. I was diagnosed in 2002 and when I was unable to work anymore I decided to move here for a better quality of life. I was born and raised in Oregon where the weather there had me stuck indoors most of the time. Since I've been here I relies the island has its own set of challenges for people with a disability. In the last three years I went from having a bit of a limp while walking to deciding on what mobility device to purchase. I haven't found many resources for people with MS here. Hoping this site will help a bit. Aloha

Welcome! This is a great place for support and information!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Welcome Larry from the Big Island! It's nice to meet you.

When I unfortunately had to retire due to disabilities, my family got together and bought my husband and I tickets to fly to Hawaii to the big island and I fell in love

You are on the "dry side" and hotter, so I'm hoping you are keeping cool. I know I had a hard time with the heat on the Kona side!

There is a lot of information and support here on the message boards and we also have chat. If you're interested here is a link for the chat times - http://msworld.org/chatroom_info

Hope to hear more from you! Take care and Aloha~
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Aloha!

Welcome Larry.

I had my first visit to the Hawaiian Islands two years ago on my twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. I also fell in love.

I would imagine transportation being a big problem. Glad that you have found this site.

Comment

Working...
        X