Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Forum, My Intro

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick intro as I am new to the forum. Been reading posts for quite sometime (very informative) and have even posted to a few threads.

I was just recently diagnosed (last month) but have suspected MS for quite sometime. I am certain my MS dates back to my 20's when I had some unexplained neurological symptoms. These of course were dismissed. However, fast forward 25 years and it's kind of hard to ignore leg weakness, foot drop and "robot like" spasticity

So other than my MS...I live in Colorado and have a son who is 15yrs old...just starting to drive...yikes! Other than the MS, I really do have a blessed life and try and stay positive and thankful for the things I do have despite this crazy disease

Glad to have found this forum and wish everyone here the best!

Beth

Hi and welcome!
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

ejonesbowlie

Hi there, thank you for the nice reply to my post. I am still processing all the information that I have been given in the last couple of weeks. I am still trying to figure out some of my heart issues so I am hoping to get some answers soon. I hope you are well.

Thanks,
      Jen

Comment

Beth -
        I have a blessed life too. Isn't it good we can focus on our blessings instead of our losses!
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yes, most days I am able to count my blessings. Even on my bad days, I try and remember that tomorrow can and likely will be better

Beth

Comment

Yes, Beth. And, I remember that, sometimes, my MS has been much worse than it has for the past four years. And, other people have things worse than I do. I have so many blessings.

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Beth,

Nice to meet you I got a son about ready to drive too and not looking forward to it.

Comment

Hi Beth,

Welcome! I agree, a positive attitude really helps with this disease and there are times when it is not so easy to do that, but I really liked what you said about thinking of a better day tomorrow when times are hard and being thankful.

Thanks for those words!
                Nikki

Comment

Welcome

Hello Beth. Welcome!

I agree that a positive attitude makes a big difference. I try and remind myself that I will not allow MS or anything take my joy away!

Accept, Pray, Adjust, Pray. Be Grateful and Keep Living!!!

But, when you do you have those human moments and you just want to vent.....just know that this is an awesome group willing to lift you up! I just joined recently and it has truly been a blessing.

Comment

Hi Beth! Welcome to ms world. Sorry you have found yourself here with an MS diagnosis. I too got diagnosed in my late 40s five years ago after doctors missing many red flags.

You are so positive and that will serve you well with the bumps that this disease provides. There are a lot of us from Colorado with MS and you will find many people in your circle impacted by MS.

Many blessings to you!

Comment

welcome

hi beth,

welcome to msworld. im sorry about your dx. i think we often know when something is wrong with our own bodies, even if drs dont. come to the chats, they r helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X