New here, thought I'd say hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, thought I'd say hi.

Hello all. I am now almost three years with MS with two flare ups under my belt. The first was a doozy. I lost all feeling on my right side and the first neurologist I saw did not believe in treating a "suspected MS". I had a 6 month wait to get into the big hospital by me since this neuro would not say it was MS for sure (and I think he was offended I wanted a second opinion).
    When I got into the big hospital they were shocked at my lack of treatment.

By this point most of my feeling had come back except my right hand. They did MRI's and started me on Copaxone the first day. My second flare was almost exactly a year from the first but they felt it had less to do with wrong medication and much more to do with poor treatment in stopping my first flare. One doctor said It was like it was just waiting as it had never been "slapped down". lol The second flare was three days in the hospital on IV Prednisone and a little more sensation gone from my right foot and leg.

Overall though, I think I am doing well (knock on wood). I am a single mother of two kids who both have a very rare metabolic disorder so hospitals and doctors seem to be my life.

Hi and welcome from someone who has had bad and no treatment for M.S. There are many here with similar stories and you will find them helpfull and caring. Your attitude sounds very good and that usually goes a long way in fighting the MonSter. I wish you the best of luck and check in often.
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Thanks so much tortis.
      I look forward to checking in often.

Comment

Welcome

Hi ghostgirl glad to have you on the board. Look forward to you posts. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome Dale.

Comment

Working...
          X