Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone out there feel as lonely as I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone out there feel as lonely as I do?

hi there

I'm not new to this site but new to posting. I'm a 35y/o female from Connecticut. Was diagnosed about 3 years ago.

Today's just one of those days where I'm feeling down on myself. I don't know anyone with MS so no one gets it. It's really frustrating especially when i feel like this. i guess im just looking for folks who are going through the same thing.

sorry. just needed to vent.

angela

hi angela, u r not alone

hey there lady. I am veronica, I am 40, dxed when I was 33, they say rrms, but it sure feels progressive to me. I do not currently feel alone, but I certainly have inthe past, so I wanted to say hi, and let you know I heard you, and I have a friendly ear. If you want to ***** more privately, we can chat somewhere. Do you facebook?
    if you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning to others

Comment

thanks a lot for the reply, veronica!

it meant a lot. i don't ever do such things but you get to a point and everything is just too much.

i'm on FB and i have gmail too.

Comment

To me that's one of the hardest things with MS. Nobody REALLY understands what you're going through at all. I get a lot of well intentioned advice but it's really not helpful.I guess I always count my blessings and think that I won't let MS get me down. I have even made a list of the blessings MS has given me. I think that reaching out here or maybe a group meeting is the best thing to do. I will keep you in my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by directionless View Post
          hi there

I'm not new to this site but new to posting. I'm a 35y/o female from Connecticut. Was diagnosed about 3 years ago.

Today's just one of those days where I'm feeling down on myself. I don't know anyone with MS so no one gets it. It's really frustrating especially when i feel like this. i guess im just looking for folks who are going through the same thing.

angela
          WELCOME ANGELA!!!! Great to have you here but sorry why. You came to a great place for compassion and understanding! Anytime you need an ear or just to vent frustrations, this is the perfect place. GOOD LUCK
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by msntexas View Post
            To me that's one of the hardest things with MS. Nobody REALLY understands what you're going through at all. I get a lot of well intentioned advice but it's really not helpful.I guess I always count my blessings and think that I won't let MS get me down. I have even made a list of the blessings MS has given me. I think that reaching out here or maybe a group meeting is the best thing to do. I will keep you in my thoughts
            Thanks. I get tons of "advice"from my friends. none of it useful so i understand. Take care!

Comment

anyone does feel as lonely as you too

hi i'm not really new to this site but i had to take a vacation. i just signed on again and am happy to be back i had gotten very lonely because i could no longer use my desk top computer . too hard to sit in a regular chair . so i got a laptop .

i know what it is to feel lost because no one i know has m . s . either . it feels good to be back after a couple of years . laptops don't grow on trees so i had to save the money for one . so hi there you are not alone

Comment

Here for you!

hi there

angela
                Hi Angela,

I am fortunate not to be alone or lonely, but I do feel down on myself and can't help to wonder what is in store for me.

I am new to the site and I really feel connected. I have not been DX'd but the symptoms could not be more fitting of MS and all else has been ruled out.

As you can see from your replies, you are not alone, we maybe at a distance, but we are here for each other.

Please accept a virtual hug from Ontario, Canada!

Comment

Staying positive...

Hello all

I am VERY new to being Dx with this. I am currently 37. I am trying to do everything I can to stay positive. But I am not superhuman and I do break down and cry. But I do believe healing starts with our thoughts...so it is crucial.

I have to focus on what is REALLY important. All that really matters in my world is my husband and 2 kids. They are very supportive. I just hate thinking I could be a burden to them. Or that I could be embarrassed by things happening...you know?

Even if I get to the point where I can't walk for awhile or whatever, things I don't want to think about - What matters is I am alive and breathing and here with my family. It is not cancer, I am not dying, I will not leave my kids while they are young. If I ever do become disabled, I can still play games with them or laugh with them or get hugged, etc.....

My fear right now is calling my parents and telling them. They will probably take this harder than I did. I so don't want to upset them or stress them out in their older age. I don't want them to have sleepless nights, which they will. That is the hard part for me right now. I am more worried about them than me.

As long as I am here for my kids, with my kids and husband, that is truly ALL that matters in the end. And I have to keep reminding myself of that, over and over and over because it is so true.

Love, Light and Healing ^i^

Comment

Hello all and welcome Angela! It's hard not to have your down times, it certainly happens to most. I am newly diagnosed and new to treatment as well. Had my second injection tonight although I did screw up the earlier one! Oh well...certainly won't kill me and was lucky the pharmacist called me back to say it was ok to dip into the titration pack for another shot and not to beat myself up over it.
                    It certainly can be trying at times and I only have my 14 yo son who lives with me. Lost my husband 2 yrs ago.
                    My family are about one hour away and luckily I have two really great friends locally that do their best for me.
                    Well, this is definitely the place to be and get any questions answered. Will run into you again!

Comment

hi there

angela
                      Angela,
                      If you have the patience to wade through the other paperwork, the NMSS branch in Connecticut does have events for patients. Give them a call. It's a nice way to meet people.

Comment

Lonliness

I, too, feel lonely sometimes. I think we all do. I have an Aunt with MS, but hers is so unlike mine that I feel strange talking to her because she always somewhat dismisses how I feel because she has never felt that way in 35+ years. Most of my friends are also male and I feel that being married, it is not appropriate to hang out with them without my spouse, so even when he is at work, I don't call to hang out with them. The few females I am not really close with anymore and they are all starting a family so they are too busy. Some friends just up and left after my diagnosis. I guess I wasn't going to be fun Amber anymore! That is cool with me though because it showed me who was true. The lonliness does disappear though and I know even though I have never seen most of these people face to face, you can always count on them to help you through.
                        RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Hi Angela

YES. First of all, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. I'm a little late with my reply, so I hope by now you're feeling a little better.

I feel very lonely, a lot of the time. It's been pretty bad lately, with my latest flare-up & friends who don't know how exactly to be supportive. I know they love me, but I also know they don't "get it."

I want you to know I hear you!! I joined this site for this exact reason, and have met some really sweet people, have found some great information and, best of all, everyone gets it!!!

Wishing you healing, happiness, and peace. Take care of yourself & if you ever need to talk, please hit me up. You're not alone.

- Sara

Comment

Hi Angela!

I am 39 and have been diagnosed since 5/00. I'm orginally from CT, spent 28 years on St. Pete Bch, FL and now I live in SC. I have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful boys, but yes, I am lonely. MS is hard and it makes us all proverbial "nutballs". I wish you all the luck in the world and if you just want to chat, I am here. Do you use Facebook?

Have a better day!

Michelle

Comment

thank you everyone for your kind and helpful replies.

and i apologize for my crazybrain... the night always seems to do it to me.

it had just been a bad few months with a relapse and a pretty messed up break up.

my contact stuff is at the bottom if ever anyone wants to talk.
                              (Personal info has been removed my Message Boards Moderators: if you would like to share your personal info - you can do so by entering it in your member account - by clicking on "user cp" on the top left of the Message Boards)

angela

Comment

Working...
                              X