Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year and Hello

Happy 2013 all!

Apparently, I joined MS World right after I was diagnosed (@ 5 years ago), then promptly forgot I'd ever joined or that the forum existed..........

Ah the joys of the MS cog fog! I found you again yesterday while doing some online research on various medications my neuro wants me to consider.

So after attempting to join and learning I have been a member for "4 years and 52 weeks," I requested a new password and decided it was about time to make create my first post.

I wasn't diagnosed until my early 50's, but the docs' medical history work-ups indicate I've likely had MS since my late teens/early twenties.

But with symptoms that came and went and just seemed strange and not worthy of a doctor's visit (on top of my complete lack of knowledge about anything related to MS)....I just let it go.

Although I did wonder why I needed more sleep than q0 other people combined - I supposed I thought it a character flaw and beat myself up about it.

Until one morning about 4 years and 52 weeks ago, I awoke with all the symptoms of a major stroke and spent 3 days in the hospital, stunned to learn I had not had a stroke but the docs thought I just might have MS.

And thus I consciously continued an MS journey I'd unknowingly started many years before.

It's nice to meet you all & I'm happy for the opportunity to get too know you.

WELCOME GABINDR!!!!! I am glad you found us again! I would welcome you to the world of MS, but you have been living it for a while! Don't you just love cog fog? I wish I would find a stack of $100 bills that I had forgotten about! Again, welcome to MS world!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Happy New Year

Welcome back to this site Gabinder. I was dx'ed in my late 40's much like your story. Probably had MS for many years and ignored the symptoms until they affected my mobility. Let us know how your doing and what med you choose. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Happy 2013 to you too Gabindr and thanks for sharing your story. You'll find much wisdom and experience from the members here so welcome!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Very nice to meet you. A 'stroke-like' episode is what started the ball rolling for me as well. I joined the forum last year, but just recently retrieved my log-in information after forgetting I had joined. Oooops.

Comment

Working...
          X