new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

Hi, I am new to ms and chat.i was diagnosed in september .i agreed to start copaxone after christmas, but i am haveing second thoughts.i hate to start out negative, but why not get to the point?i would like to hear other opinions on the topic of medicine or no medicine.

meds or no meds

Welcome to the board. You will find people on both sides of the street on this issue. Personally I have been on meds since I was dx'ed in 2000. I discussed it with my neuro. and to me it seemed like the right thing to do. I haven't regretted the decision. But it is a personal decision. Be well Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, ponyo!!! We're glad you found us. Dale is correct in saying you'll get 180degress separation of opinions here on "to drug" or "not to drug".

I think it's fair to say that many folks here have tried some form of meds - be it a DMD or something to relieve symptoms, or some form of an antidepressant. You will find lots of information/comments in out Medication and Treatment forum, if you haven't search there yet.

I was on 2 different DMD's for 11 years (Avonex 6yr, Cop for 5) but also was on a good diet plan and still am. There are so many choices now - I'm sure it's difficult to decide. Me? I'm SP now and have chosen to do away with any DMD's.

Just arm yourself with lots of reliable information and remember you can always start something or stop something. IMO, it's entirely up to you which way to go!

Stay well and again, welcome
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X