Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my intro...oh and my muscles hurt like hell:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my intro...oh and my muscles hurt like hell:)

Hi, my name is Kayla I'm 23 happily married since 08' and a mother of two little boys. I was dx'd around this time last year after having my first symptoms of optic nueritis ya know soreness kinda shadow vision

Anywho after seeing 3 eye Dr.s I was reffered to a neurologist who walked in said "i don't treat pregnant women(i was 5 months along) I think you have so I'm sending you to Birmingham" which is north Alabama

so me and my husband drive fours up there to be told they can't test while I was preggo so needless to say I had my son in January and put off the whole MS thing for a long time till the burritos came back so go to a nuero who is a small mean man. lol who let me leak spinal fluid for two weeks till I went in his to be given my diagnosis

you have MS five lesions on spine nurse will tell you what to do and walked out luckily the nurse Scheduled me a blood patch but since then its pretty much been hell from starting avonex. to having 8 flare ups since February I'm so tired of steroids steroids steroids.lol.

I never seen that Neuro again I know have a great Dr. who has poorly staffed his office with nurses who don't let you explain yourself or even let you say thank you good bye before they hang up in my ear uhh they me off boy

but that's ok cause Monday morning i'll be making me a emergency appointment for a dang muscle relaxer that works since when I call em bout that I never hear back and a two days of being busy cleaning basically has me with a ice pack on one thigh and heating pad on the shoulders I ran out of muscle cream which sucks!!! but ok sorry I kinda went on a rant there Anywho I'm Kayla hi

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Post has been edited per guideline -4. KEEP IT CLEAN: Use of profanity is not permitted.

Hi Kayla and welcome to MSW! We're glad you found us. We are here to help in any way we can... lots of good information to be found here about symptoms, medications, and life in general living with MS. Don't be shy about asking questions and come back often.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Kayla,

First thought..........he said WHAT????!!!!! I am beyond shocked! I've met plenty of rude and dismissive doctors in my time, but I have never, ever, even read or heard of one - at least not secular country - say or do something like that!

Seriously, you should be looking for a lawyer and suing him! This guy should have his medical license yanked and pay compensation for putting you in danger with his negligence. Makes you wonder how many other women he's mistreated. His rudeness alone is unacceptable, but his actions scream malpractice!

I didn't understand all of your post due to the guideline editing, but I got enough to know that you were very badly treated.

Rant away. (As long as it's PG and fits the forum guidelines of course.) Good luck at the ER tomorrow.

Sending you many, many Hugs!

Comment

Working...
      X