Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on MRI and a diagnosis!!!

Hello,
    I am in a state of "waiting" as most of us are all too familiar with. My symptoms actually began in 1995 with an episode of my legs just giving out at work. I was a nurse in a clinic so they ran labs, all normal and sent me home to rest for a week. Did great after that. Then in 1997 i began to have epiesodes (that's what i call them anyway) of tremors, arm and leg weakness, fatigue. Saw family doc and was sent home to rest!

Later that year, had joint pain, he injected both hips. I did get some relief. We blamed the problems on my job (working in home health as a field nurse). So i was transferred to a desk job. In 1998 while getting prepared for my daughters wedding I suffered small, episodes of weakness in arms and legs, tremors, fatigue. Was finally sent to a neurologist.

Numerous tests and MRI showed nothing. I was referred to a rheum. and she told me i probably had fibromyalgia and needed to be on Prozac, Neurontin, and Ibuprofen. Then in 2001 I was hit with out of the blue episodes of double vison....HOLY COW!!! That's not fun when it hits while you are on the highway!!!! Sent to a new neuro.......MRI and tests showed nothing. She said i had very tired eyes. I was put on clonazepam to help me sleep better.

I have had episodes off and on since then but due to working for an Internist in her office we managed them when they would hit me. I have not seen a Neuro since. This year, in sept. I began to have slurred speech, fatigue that is debilitating and gets worse in the evenings, weakness in extremities, tremors in both arms and legs, spasticity, more double vision, and I am clumsier than an ox.

I saw an internist and she didn't like what she saw. My family doctor (whom I know personally) didn't like what he observed either. Nobody is saying the word MS outloud, but i know that I have way too many of the symptoms. I was told back in 98 that they were looking for MS but didn't see any lesions on my MRI so i feel like maybe i was misdiagnosed back then. I don't know.

I don't like the things my body is doing these days and am just looking for support, encouragement or comfort from others that can relate.
    Thank you

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

WELCOME GRAMMY!!! It is great to have you here, but I'm sorry why.
    Like many of us you are in the unfortunate predicament of having to wait for a diagnosis. It indeed is a bummer!
    No one can relate any better than someone that is going through exactly the same thing as you are (or has gone through it). We are a caring group and very supportive. I hope your journey is a short one! Good luck
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Grammy! Welcome aboard but hopefully it will turn out to not be M.S. but something quickly fixable. Either way we all say a big hello and good luck to you.
      PEACE

Tortis

Comment

waiting

Welcome Grammy. Glad you found your way here. Waiting for a diagnosis is a stressful time, the unknown can be frightening. Please come here as often as you need to for support. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hi Grammytab!

Very sorry about why you're here, but I'm glad you are.

I would think with your being a nurse, they would pay more attention to what you are experiencing. After all, you have way more knowledge about medical stuff than lay people like say, me.

I hope you find the support you need here. Haven't been here long, but the folks here are incredibly kind and supportive. And the site has tons of information.

So welcome to MS Worlds! Hope to see much more of you around the boards. Hugs!

Comment

Working...
          X