Hi I am Just Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I am Just Me!

Hi All! I have been here before, years ago but I am back. I have been in remission ( as they call it) for 10 years, until now! Hope that I can find the support that I was able to give all those years ago. There is so much going through my mind now, dont think I took this disease as serious as I should have. Sadly, I was ignoring my MS in hopes that it would just go away. I hope to see everyone online.

Thanks!
    Kara

Welcome back Kara! I am sorry to hear your MS is rearing its ugly head again.

Comment

Welcome back

Kara, sorry you having problems after so many years in remission. I swear I can't turn my back on this disease for a minute or it jumps up and bites me. Hoping that everything settles down soon. Glad you came back to share whats going on. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone! Together we will beat this MonSter!

Comment

Kara, I think I know a bit about where you are. I was R/R for 10 years and could pretty much ignore the whole thing. Then a very slow slide began and in 1994 I was labeled SP. Went on Betaseron for 10 years and it seemed to slow the progression for awhile; Then it didn't so I stopped. I went from cane to forearm crutches, knee brace, walker, scooter. BUT. I am very lucky and am still walking but not very far or fast or when I'm hot or tired.

I have had several times when I have awoken in the morning and realized that I could just walk--might need knee brace to prevent hyper-extension. But most of the time I use a walker outside and scooter for a trip to mall or store.

I have a lot of MeSsy stuff going on--everything from head to toes is affected and recently my plumbing has crashed.

But, after 30 + years, I would hope that everyone with MS could be as lucky as I have been. For an old gray haired 74 year old woman, It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs--depression, fear, and the works, but MS has been kind to me. 30 years ago I was hospitalized to dx a brain tumor aneurysm--still think MS was a lesser evil.

I hope for the best for you. I am a newby here, but want you to know that SP can be a lot of things. I've found this a great place to come for support and answers. Glad you are back.

Comment

I am new

I have a lot of MeSsy stuff going on--everything from head to toes is affected and recently my plumbing has crashed.

Comment

Hi Kara, sorry it reared it's ugly head, especially after 10 years! For those of us who didn't know you from before, please tell us a bit about yourself.
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

KaraMarieSue, I'm very sorry to hear you're not in remission anymore. Haven't met you here before as I'm new, but welcome back. (Definitely not for the reason you are here though.)

Haircare, please know that I am also sending the same sentiments your way. It's awful that your plumbing quit!

Wonder if there's a good MS plumber we could hire at a group rate....Roto Rooter maybe? Sorry, bad joke. (But it's meant to make you giggle so I really hope it doesn't offend.)

Sending out mental hugs and best wishes to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X