Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthrax Vaccine & Autoimmune Disease?

Hi all,

Has anyone considered or studied the possibility of military vaccines, especially Anthrax, as the cause of autoimmune diseases including MS?

I have been doing some research, and according to this article in Epidemiology Reviews, a paper called Immunization to Protect the US Armed Forces: Heritage, Current Practice and Prospects, (a long comprehensive article), I copied the following:

Anthrax vaccine was the target of prolonged skepticism, evoking review by the National Academy of Sciences and an extraordinary array of postmarketing safety studies. These studies involved cohort studies of acute symptoms (196–204), hospitalizations (186, 205, 206), disability evaluations (207), and reproductive outcomes (208–210), as well as secondary review of the spontaneous reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (211, 212).

Public concerns about health problems against anthrax immunization encompassed so many divergent diagnoses (e.g., lupus erythematosus, hypothyroidism, diabetes, cancers, Guillain-Barré syndrome, multiple sclerosis) that epidemiologists conducted objective comparisons of anthrax-immunized and -unimmunized personnel for each major diagnostic group. The objective comparisons showed that the immunized and unimmunized cohorts had comparable rates of illness and health. Several of the cohort studies span observation for multiple years after immunization (186, 205–207, 209, 213, 214). Many of the individual concerns can now be understood as instances of the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.
    (Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy): Just because you received a vaccine and then experienced symptoms, it is false to consider that the vaccine caused the symptoms. Explain that to the far too many parents with autistic children who were normal until they received a bunch of vaccines together.

The National Vaccine Information Center does list the connection of many autoimmune diseases with this vaccination. The administration of this vaccine with many other vaccines, as is the case in the military
    product information insert that BioThrax has never been studied in controlled clinical trials in combination with other vaccines given simultaneously.
    Per the Epidemiology article:
    The Army's Aaron Ismach and Abram Benenson developed a nozzle for intradermal vaccination, used in civilian mass smallpox immunization campaigns in the 1960s (4, 10, 20, 258–262). Unfortunately, the device's use of the same unsterile nozzle and fluid pathway to provide injections to consecutive patients allowed transmission of blood-borne pathogens (e.g., hepatitis B, human immunodeficiency virus) in civilian settings, and the devices have fallen into disfavor (263, 264). In contrast, a new generation of disposable-cartridge jet injectors is being developed to avoid these safety concerns by using a disposable, sterile fluid pathway for each patient.
    Also, your records of exactly what vaccines you received and how many were given may not have been kept:

An estimated 150,000 American troops received one or two anthrax immunizations during the Persian Gulf War in 1991, but individual records were either not kept (in an attempt not to identify those unimmunized and hence vulnerable to enemy bioweapons) or were marked with terms such as “Vaccine A” (186, 191–195). In March 1998, a much larger immunization program began that has now administered over 5.6 million anthrax immunizations to over 1.5 million troops. Anthrax immunizations are primarily intended for people serving in areas judged to be at higher risk (e.g., southwest Asia, Korea), as well as military personnel with homeland biodefense roles.
    Got the anthrax, got the multiple vaccines, got the jet nozzle, working on autoimmune disease #5.

I have often wondered about the vaccines myself, I never rcvd the anthrz my self, got out before they started giving it, Do they not do manual shot records any longer? I have a paper book that is full and a second one 1/2 full of dates, type of vaccine, batch number and qty, we carried them with us any time on mobility status.

My VA infusion nurse has been keeping a chart/log on what vaccines that ms patients have had.

I question is why is the % of males with ms higher than female rate for Vets, that is even after they adjust for the overall difference in numbers of male versus female vets,
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I have been reading about the possible connection between the anthrax shots and MS as well. One of the first MS type symptoms I had was after an anthrax injection, when I lost half of the sight in my right eye for a period of about 24 hours.
      The military did a study that concluded that anthrax vaccinations were not a cause of optic neuritis. Yea, rrriiiggghhhttt!?! The whole reason that the study was done was because it was happening .

Comment

Hi TT....

May I say typical Gov?

Scooter.......
        When I was on active duty we often got immunizations via air-guns. No needles required and they could go down a line in the blink of an eye. One caution was DO NOT MOVE or instead of an injection your arm would get a nice slice instead.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
        X