Hands feel like clubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands feel like clubs?

This is not a symptom I am currently experiencing, but I started thinking about when someone posted a topic having to do with before you knew it was MS. It is something that has happened quite frequently in the past and I was wondering if it could be related to MS. Ok, here it is: There were times when my hands tend to go somewhat numb. I've noticed this happens espescially when I'm driving. I don't loose control of my hands, so i'm able to keep driving. Its almost like I'm wearing boxing gloves or or my hands feel like heavy clubs. Does this happen to anyone else?

hands

Hi Soxfan,
    Looks like we are neighbors! I live in West Springfield. Small world. I usually find my left hand likes to curl up. Even at rest I can see that all my fingers are always bent. I also have arthritis in my joints and my hands always hurt.I try to use a small ball that you squeeze on and off to strengthen them.

Hope it gets better for you.
    As for the Sox......they are falling apart like we are!!

Comment

I have it too.

I never thought to describe it as club hands, but anyway, my hands will feel almost like they are swelling. My fingers are hard to ball into a fist and if I am holding anything small like change or a pencil I will drop it with out even knowing it. It seems to get worst when I walk or do a lot of typing. I have been having if for years and just thought it was due to the fact that I have sprained my wrist like a thousand time each. Looking at it in hind sight it might have been MS lurking in the shadows back then.

I have not found any good tricks for it except to lift my arms above heart level and flex my fingers back and forth, it helps sometimes.
      "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

I just started experiencing this recently. I described it as feeling as if there were small weights attached to my forearms near the wrist. In general, they felt "heavy". It seems to come and go.

Comment

Hey everyone. Have you never listened to Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" where he says "And my hands felt just like two baloons"? I think about that all the time.

1) Yes, I have it. It gets better and worse depending on any number of factors

2) Baclofen helps with the desire to curl them into a ball and generally helps make them feel better. I take it 3x daily and can stretch my fingers back when the meds are flowing (they ebb and flow throughout the day).

I wonder if this is ignored by doctors. I notice my doc wanting me to walk and balance, but never asked about my hands. I assumed that's because it doesn't show up on the EDDS table, i.e. does not get measured, i.e. does not count as far as my doc is concerned. She did tell me about ampira though I have no walking problems thus far.

Comment

Working...
          X