Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself

Hi y'all. Already posted in the Limbo section, though I would formally introduce myself.

My name is Megan, I am a 35 yr female, in a live-in committed relationship with a patient man. Patient, because I moved in a year ago with MY family: 3 dogs, 3 parrots, 1 elderly cat, and 1 bunny. Can I/should I post pics?

I work in the pet industry, recently as a vet tech. I have past experience with retail management (pet store) and dog training. I am hoping to have the time/energy/health to work on training my rescued pit bull towards being a therapy dog. I love to volunteer and help out with local animal rescue and advocacy groups in town. Looking forward to doing more of that!

I live in texas. I don't own cowboy boots OR a cowboy hat.

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. Whether or not I end up being diagnosed with MS, something scary is going on with me, and this forum has been SO educating, interesting, calming and helps me feel less alone. Thank you for being here.

Hi and welcome! I also have a patient husband, who never had a pet until he was with me, who now loves having a furry family! No birds... I'm totally scared of them. Your work with dogs sounds very fulfilling.

There's a whole lot of support and wisdom here. Lots of different people's experiences to share. I'm still amazed at what I find out here, even after 7 years. I hope you find it that way too.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Welcome to MS World Castelling! We are very happy to have you! There is a lot you can do here. You can post, you can ask questions, and you can chat in out chat rooms! I have a very close friend who is a vet tech. They are very caring people and I know you are the same. We are happy to have you. I hope you do not get diagnosed with MS ultimately, but we will be with you through your journey.

Glad you joined!

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hi and welcome!! We rescued a dog that is half beagle and half saint Bernard......picture that one he is sweet beyond words. I would save a lot of dogs if I could afford it. Best of luck!
        dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hello and welcome. At one time I thought about becoming a vet tech ( prior to my diagnosis). Animals are great to have around. We have 3 dogs.
          Diagnosed: May 2013
          Device: Cane
          MEDS: Tecfidera

Comment

Hi Kastelling, and welcome to MS World!

I'm sorry to hear you're going through some scary health issues; I know how frightening it can be to have things going on that are unknown and waiting for answers.

We have a chat on MS World called "Patient-ly Waiting", which happens every Wednesday night at 8pm eastern in the Patiently Waiting chat room. It's for people who are in the diagnostic process, waiting for answers, living in limbo, etc. We vary in traffic; some nights it's just the moderator (HuntOp and I both host depending on the week) and one chatter, but other nights we have 5 or 6 join. We'd love to have you stop in and visit, if that sounds like something that would be helpful or enjoyable for you!

Good luck with your journey; I hope you'll keep us posted on your journey and that ultimately, something simpler than MS will be your answer. Whatever way it goes, we're here for you and look forward to your participation on the site!

Take good care, and come back often!

KimOp

Comment

Working...
            X