X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick and tired

[F][/FONT]
    I was dx 2 weeks ago and can't function right

Welcome to MS World Jan G! I am sorry you are having a hard time. You have not been diagnosed long and it can be very hard at first...and for a while. We are glad you have joined! Please feel free to ask questions, and check out our chat rooms!

Feel better soon!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I GOT A CALL FROM MY NEURO THIS MORNING TELLING ME ALL I CAN DO IS WAIT. i FEEL BAD AND WANT MY LIFE BACK. EYES DON'T FUNCTION RIGHT NOW LHS IS MESSED UP AND I CAN'T FUNCTION ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP. WE HAVE NO MONEY AND MEDICAL INSURANCE IS GONE I CANT WORK BECAUSE I CANT DRIVE. WHY ME WHY NOW?!

Comment

Hi Janice,

Just wanted you to know that people are thinking of you and pulling for you. The frustration can be too much sometimes.

Although this statement seems feeble in light of how you are right now it is nevertheless true… there will be better days.

What to do right now? Simple things… such as eating right, supplying your mind with positive reinforcements, taking good care of relationships, things which strengthen mind and body. Gradually, things will improve. This attack will subside.

Feel free to ask questions and keep reaching out. Thank you for posting.

Talk to ya later.

Comment

so sorry! I think oral steroids are pretty cheap and they could help!!
          dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hi Jan and welcome to MSWorld~ I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. Most all of us don't feel well from time to time and have had those same "why me - why now" moments, so we understand. It's good that you reached out to us! That's the first step and we will offer as much support as we can! Did you doctor recommend anything to help you (meds, counseling, etc)?

Being newly diagnosed can be an awful confusing and scary time - most all of us have been through what you're experiencing. We understand that too...

My suggestion would be to get a hold of your local NMSS (national ms society) and see what they could offer by way of support to you. Here is a link to find a local chapter with locations and phone numbers http://www.nationalmssociety.org/fin...ter/index.aspx They are really helpful.

I hope you will get in touch with them. In the meantime, you know you have us and I'm hoping that things will ease up for you. We also have a forum here for those who are newly diagnosed. Drop in there and find others who are also on this new road ahead.

Please stay in touch, ask any questions or comments that you may have and take care of yourself
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

MY NEUO HAS TOLD ME NOTHING AND THIS ISN'T GETING BETTER. I HAVE HAD 2 GOOD DAYS IN 3WEEKS THIS ISN'T FARE I NEED HELP WITH MONEY TO PAY BILLS AND MEDICAL FOOD IS A BIG ISSUE ANY ADVICE? I FILED FOR DISABILITY AND MY AFLAK I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN FILE FOR FOODSTAMPS OR NOT

Comment

Keep on truckin'! (metaphorically…)

I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time lately, Janice. I'm happy you've been posting here so you might learn how to get some help!

On that note, I recommend taking all of your information regarding your financial resources and income to your local social services office. If you're not sure whether you qualify for food stamps, etc., they're the ones to check with.

I've found that with anything social services related, it's a really good idea to apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, because it can take quite a while for applications to be processed. These places are typically understaffed, overworked, and underfunded, AND the benefits you get often depend on the date of the application.

Also, you might save yourself a trip, or some time, by looking online at the qualification criteria in your state, and being prepared with the required documentation if you do ended up going. And some states have online applications these days, so you might not even have to leave the house!

Good luck. You will get through this. Things may still be crappy in some ways, but there are ways to make things work, and to have good times again.

Comment

Working...
                X