Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just moved to Oakland CA

Hey ya'll...
    I just moved to Oakland with my husband, (just a few blocks from the Berkeley line) a few days ago. I was previously in Charleston, SC. SOOO glad to be away from that heat!!!

I have an appointment next week to meet my new neuro at UCSF.

any advice? any other msers in this area that would like to connect?

take care, and thanks for reading!
    rainy Katie
    Katie
    dx rrms: 2/12
    copaxone 3/12 - current
    dx pcos 6/13
    gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Hi Katie
    I live in the San Francisco Bay Area... I was diagnosed on Monday!!! Ucsf is a excellent hospital... I wish I was able to go there.. My good friend has ms and is going there for treatment... They come out with a lot of new medicine... Good luck with your appointment...
    Teresa
    It all started with a mouse.. " Walt Disney"

Comment

hi Teresa, Thank you! Sorry to hear about your new dx.
      Katie
      dx rrms: 2/12
      copaxone 3/12 - current
      dx pcos 6/13
      gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Welcome to the SF Bay Area

Welcome to the SF Bay Area. I hope you will be happy here. I imagine it will be a vast improvement weatherwise over South Carolina - although I hear that Charleston is a beautiful city. I have live lived in San Jose for 30 years. That is about a 45 minute drive from Oakland. I have never used UCSF but it has a top-notch reputation. I receive my medical treatment here in San Jose. I have been on Tecfidera for 4 weeks. Prior to that I was on Rebif for 7 years.

Enjoy what the Bay Area has to offer. Once again, Welcome.

Comment

Hi!

I don't live there anymore, but I went to Berkeley then lived in SF for a few years after college.

Many, many years later my mom and I participated in the big MS genetics study.

Welcome to California and welcome to the board!
          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
          X