frustrated nana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated nana

diagnosed spring 2012 RRMS. also have syrinx in thoracic spinal cord. chronic pain was being treated with gabapentin and now I started copaxone a month ago and pain and numbness soo... much worse. now my nuero said i am not his patient anymore cuz another nuero's office requested my records!omg!he found out i was shopping for a new doc because i had no confidence in him.

I have had 3 neuros in the first year of getting diagnosed. I would walk away from this neurologist and find one that understands that he works for and advocates for you. That is why you need them. If you need to find one in your area contact the local chapter of National Multiple Sclerosis Society. 1-800-FIGHTMS. Good luck

Comment

Don't be frustrated! You have to advocate for yourself! If that neuro got his feelings hurt because you are "shopping around" he isn't much of a professional and obviously does not have your best interests in mind.
      Karen

Comment

I had several that would look at my records and sneer and say you have migraines and say get you primary care to write you a script. Never even suggested an MRI.
        Now I have active enhancing lesions with MS. Get a neuro that sees and listens to you. Finding a good doctor is like dating. You have to go through a few to find the right match for you. Don't give up!

Comment

Hi and Welcome, That doctor dropping you was probably the best thing that could happen to you. He showed that your feelings for him were correct right from the start. Just make sure you get all your records. I had a neuro that dropped me because I refused to go on Rebif when I had already told him that avonex made me very sick. He did not even have the guts to tell me, I got a letter in the mail that said effective right away he was no longer my doctor. I think all he cared about was the kickback they get from the drug companies. JerryD gave you a phone number to help you find a new doctor. And there was a lot of good advice in the other 2 responses. Main thing, I hope you get some pain relief real soon.
          PEACE
          Tortis

Comment

Working...
          X