Uncertain and scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncertain and scared

I'm new to this page and perhaps should not be here yet - but - I feel like I am going through these symptoms and diagnosis by myself eventhough I have a wonderful family. I just turned 41 and I have not officially been diagnosed with MS but I am seeing a neurologist - it seems like the medical community does not move as fast as I would like them too. My illness started about a month ago - with numbness in my legs only when I slept. When I woke up in the morning and started moving around I was fine. Then it progressed to my foot and arm tingling, now it has progressed to feeling weak. Yes, I can walk and lift but my muscles feel tired. Now some of my muscles are starting to twitch a bit which is unsettling. Lets just say I'm scared and my mind shifts to what if its not MS and it's ALS? I am so ready for a diagnosis the not knowing is making me even more nervous. Thank you, thank you for letting me vent.

Hi and A big WELCOME!!! Most of us here know that horrible feeling of not knowing whats wrong and all kinds of negative things go though your mind. Somehow you need to find positive things to occupy your thoughts and feelings right now. We all will all be pulling for you that they find the cause soon and it is a easily corrected problem. Once again Welcome.
    PEACE
    Tortis

Comment

Hi and welcome to the boards. You are a long way from getting a positive diagnosis of MS. I hope you never get one. I would suggest that you save the Lumbar Puncture (LP) for one of your last tests. You need to get some blood tests and MRI's done first. Your problems could be vitamin D deficiency or Lyme disease. Or one of 400 other MS mimics. I am not a doctor, but I want your doctor to find a reason for your problems. Good luck

Comment

ssm1234

I encourage you to find a good therapist. You sound as if you need one NOW, but whatever is going on....you need to talk it over. The first thing you can do is ask your diagnosing doctor for a referral.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
        X