Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One of Many

Where to begin?

I was seeing my PCP when she did some tests after me telling her I continued to be dizzy when I lay my head or bend. (since Nov/Dec 2012) She had me touch finger to nose to finger as well as some balance tests. Yeah, balance and I have not been friends for some time. She then stated she was sending me to have an MRI to make sure "nothing is going on in the head". Jokingly I told her many would have opinions on that.

What a shocker of a follow up;

I really don't know what any of this means yet but she said:

at least 9 lesions in the white brain? matter...
    and something about T2's

also, possible
    Chronic Micro Angiopathic Ischemic Disease
    and I meet the .. oh Lord, McDonald charts?? LOL Pls excuse my ignorance. I kinda didn't know what to ask or all what was being said.

My cholesterol is through the roof as well....

I see the neuro in two weeks and really am unsure what I am in for.... any ideas? suggestions?

I should add, I was diagnosed with Fibro about 7 yrs ago so I assumed all these pains old *and* new were related to that, or age

Thank you
    Jane

Hi Jane

Welcome!

I don't have any interpretations of your results just want to welcome you to the group

take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi Jane :-)

I'm sorry you are going through this, but welcome to the boards. I'm new here too.

McDonald criteria (2010) for multiple sclerosis -- means that the lesions in your brain meet the criteria of ms (separation of lesions in space - at least two parts of the brain-- and in time), although I was told this is not a Dx. I just met the criteria this month too :-(. I have 9+ lesions. Did your report say you had enhancing lesions?

When you meet the neuro, he will want to correlate your clinical symptoms with the MRI. Try and have those things you've experienced in the past well documented (balance, dizziness, plus any new things if they happen). You'll have to look back at anything that you've automatically associated with fibromyalgia since it might be relevant.

Be glad your wait is two weeks -- my wait to see an ms neuro looks to be months :-(.

I'll be thinking of you as we move through this at the same time ...

Comment

Thank you

thank you for your replies. I apologize it took me so long, but I couldn't remember for the life of me how to get on here, or even where to go.

Oops, one more error, I see the neurologist in Aug. Don't know why I said two weeks. So many things I am reading on that could/could not be associated that I feel, so many things I figured were just fibro or aging. I remember telling my doc that for my age I should not feel this old! That is when she started to look further. I have the best PCP anyone could ask for and I know the neuro is good too as he has been taking care of my brother for over 7 yrs. Each time they say he is passing away, this neuro comes in and my bro is up and walking around again. Well, the best he can.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you and I'm rambling on

Comment

Working...
        X