Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here but not to MS

Hello,
    My name is Kim. I am 36 and I was diagnosed in 1999. I was an RN at a local hospital before the fatigue and mobility issues got in the way. I am married with 2 children: Austin 11 , Emily 7.
    Depression and increased mobility issues has brought me here looking for others who understand. I have a supportive family yet they dont really get the whole thing. They give a lot of "should" and "have to" suggestions but I find they anger me more than anything!
    Anyone looking to chat, I am here and would love to hear others' stories

Hello and Welcome Kim!

Welcome to our big MS family! You'll find a lot of caring and helpful people on this board. We also have regular chats.

You're not alone fighting depression, many of us also battle with it. Sometimes family members just don't get it but you just need to think about you. That's the most important thing right now.

The MS society has family counseling if that is an option for you. You can also look into private counseling if that would help you. Having a good support system in place makes a big difference.

Have a look through the forums and you'll see that you're not alone going through this. We're here for each other in any way we can. Don't be shy to post any questions you have, or just vent if you need to.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate this site and the people who made it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by kbelkin View Post
        I appreciate this site and the people who made it possible.
        Me too. Lol

Hello Kim, I'm kinda new to the site but not to MS, 23 yrs and counting. just in the last few yrs MS has made our lives more difficult. I'm having more problems walking and using walking aids now.

Karen
        Karen

Comment

Welcome! This is a great place I am 37 and was dx in 2002. I have two young daughters. The last 3 years have been hard and have had to make a lot of changes to adjust to my mobility issues. It makes me sad.....very weepy. I recently started Tecfidera with the hopes it will help slow it down.
          dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Thank you

Thanks ladies for sharing your stories.
            It certainly helps in knowing we are not alone in this huge challenge in our lives. This helps a bunch in keeping a positive attitude as I know how easy it is to fall into a deep depression which makes life seem unbearable at times.
            We have to keep our heads up and stay strong even though that can be very hard at times.

Comment

Other support systems out there, anyone?

I am shocked and amazed when I see people old to M.S. new to this Board and wondering how you got support for your conditions in the past.

This site has had so many people come and go, but I stick around because where else can you vent without dragging your loved ones through the mud, get positive and helpful suggestions and keep hope alive?
              Tawanda

Comment

Hello and welcome. I hope that you get answers to all of your questions when you see the neuro, but don't be surprised if you are in the beginning stages of the diagnostic process.

Comment

I have high hopes for Tecfidera. It's just not covered by drug plans in Canada yet, but it's coming soon. The hope is sometimes the one thing that keeps me going when things get rough. Mobilty-wise.

Comment

Working...
                  X