Copaxone 40mg and anxiety??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone 40mg and anxiety??

Hey all. I was on here when I first got dx in June of 2011. I haven't been on here in a couple of year. I had been on Copaxone for 3 years. So I switched from 20 mg of Copaxone (which I did fine on) and went on the 40 mg 3x a week in June. I have NEVER had anxiety or panic attacks before then, but now I find myself on edge a lot and have had to take Ativan a couple of times.

Anyway, has anyone else switched to the 40mg and had anxiety suddenly appear? Daily anxiety BTW.

I'm currently on the 20mg copaxone. Insurance won't cover the 40mg. I have experienced random bouts of anxiety the next day after injection. I had never had anxiety before and I don't have it all the time, just periodically I'll get it mid day after injecting the night before.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Anxiety and 40mg copaxone

Was on it for 6 weeks and now have anxiety and depression. Only thing I changed was dose. Wish I never went off the 20 and after 14 years of hanging in there shouldn't have.

Comment

Copaxone 40 mg reaction

How are you now doing? Did you go back to the 20? We must be twins! I am having to try an antidepressant to get over this. Wow - 14 years of managing and to have this living hell of anxiety and depression from one little change? Unbelievable! Today for one of the first time ever felt like I had to just lay down all day. Very glad folks are doing fine but will never experiment with change again. BTW, I only inject every other day. Have read a lot of folks are doing the same and doing just fine.

Comment

Hi kathryn. Omg it feels so good to know I am not the only one this has happened to. I began to think I was blaming the 40mg out of desperation to find a cause. I took my last 40mg dose on 9-3. Its too early to tell a difference yet but here's hoping. I see the neuro on 9-25 and I will tell him I want to go back to thd 20mg.

Thanks for the support and I will keep posting with updates.

Comment

Anxiety

OK, it all makes sense now. I'm switching back to 20 next week.

Comment

Not you too???

What happened to you? Another woman took the 40 one time and her legs just stopped working for hours. She too had been on the 20 for years. One shot and that was enough for her!

Comment

40mgcopaxone and anxiety

I think we need to be calling the FDA and reporting this!

Comment

I was on the 20mg for 5 years, switched to the 40 and didn't notice any differences. So I don't think the anxiety is widespread. I had anxiety for 2 years before being dx'd. I think it can just be a flair as much as the meds.
                  Brenda
                  Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

anxiety was only one part

yes, the anxiety was the big side effect, but the other was my left leg just suddenly getting numb and going to jelly. weird thing was I could shake it off. since quitting the 40 mg, my leg is just fine.

Comment

anxiety

I've been on the new 40mg Copaxone for about 6 weeks now, and I think I'm in the middle of an episode. I haven't had one since I started the 20mg early last year. Arm is back to going numb again in the evening time, and for the past few days I keep getting dizzy spells and blurred vision. Anxiety is a little worse, but I think it's getting worse because of these other issues. Waiting on a call back from my doctor. I think I might go back to taking the 20 mg. Bummer, I was really enjoying the whole M/W/F schedule.

Comment

Nuero visit?

How did it go on the 25th?

Comment

Had a new symptoms too when switched

For the first time in 24 years had pins and needle on my left side after doing the 40 for a few weeks. In the past only had old stuff crank up now and then. Noticed too vision seemed a little blurry at end if day. Coincidence ????

Comment

I also have a higher level of anxiety. Been on copaxone for 7 months. Don't know if it is the copaxone since it says its a side effect or just the stress of dealingg with drs, insurance companies, symptoms, life etc. The thing is I was always able to function great even under high stress/anxiety situations and since being on cola done I can't handle anything! I get overwhelmed!

Comment

Are you on the 40?

Just read a report on MS and it said folks have a much higher incidence of anxiety then depression. Was brought up at the latest MS conference in Boston. Basically, this is just one miserable disease to live with. I used to wonder what fatigue and brain fog was that so many mentioned and after 24 years think I could be the poster patient!

Comment

Working...
                              X