Why did you decide to use a DMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you decide to use a DMD?

I got my MRI results back and it shows lesions only in my spine, at C4 & L7. My brain scan did not show any lesions. Is it true that spinal MS is generally not classified as RRMS?

The Dr. ordered a lumbar puncture, which I am waiting for the results, but he's convinced that I do in fact have MS.

I'm getting a little ahead of myself and I'm considering what this will mean for my life. I'm wondering what made you decide to take a DMD? From what I understand, when effective, they are supposed to work to slow the progression of this disease... and that they are also very expensive. How do you know if DMD are for you?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Originally posted by love5523 View Post
    I got my MRI results back and it shows lesions only in my spine, at C4 & L7. My brain scan did not show any lesions. Is it true that spinal MS is generally not classified as RRMS?
    Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the Central Nervous System. This includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. Lesions can and do show up anywhere within the Central Nervous System.

Determining 'type' of MS is based on the course the disease takes not where lesions are located. So, even if you have lesions show up on the spinal cord and not the brain you can still have Relapsing/Remitting MS.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...MS-the-Disease

I will let someone else answer your question about the Disease Modifying Drugs
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi Snoopy!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. That link was very helpful.

Comment

I am on Tysabri, and it is the only DMD I've been on. I feel it has slowed the progression, and in my case prevented brain atrophy. My neurologist says I now have SPMS, but still feels Tysabri has great value. Remember that MS is like an iceberg; at least 90% of the damage caused by MS is unseen. Stopping Tysabri isn't worth the risk for me. As long as it ain't broke, don't fix it.

For a really good look at DMD's, I recommend the YouTube video "The future of Multiple Sclerosis treatment" by Dr. Vollmer. It's 9 months old, but the information he provides is very good.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Working...
        X