Hi, I am new here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am new here...

I am new to this whole thing but have been having symptoms of MS for about 6 years off and on. Just recently I have had the diagnosis of MS. I am back in university for nursing and love it! I really found something I enjoy doing. I graduate next year and hope to work with children.

I am currently trying to get back in shape. I used to be in better shape when I was younger - I did a lot of swimming. But then I began to feel bad and had a few health problems since then.

Just recently I have had a few stressful events in my life that caused my symptoms to get worse. I am working on getting over them but it is difficult. But I am trying to stay positive.

I am glad I found this forum to learn more about my recent diagnosis.
    "A candle looses nothing from lighting anoher candle".

Welcome--I always feel funny saying welcome because I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Don't beat yourself up about getting in shape, just do the best you can do. You'll get a lot of support here.
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found us.

Comment

Welcome GreenDay! Hope you find the support here that you need with your recent diagnosis and whatever life event that has caused you stress in the past, is being resolved.

Good luck with nursing, you brave soul! You sound very passionate about it, I'm sure you will be a big asset to the field.
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thank you everyone. I am very happy to have found these boards. You all are so kind. I do love nursing. I hate the studying and the tests but that will be done soon. I have had a very bad year. I am adopted and long story short met my birth sister who demanded money from me (which I do not have because I am a student). She came to my house and punched me in the face when all I could offer her is my last $20.

I made the mistake of falling in love with my best friend. I even got him in touch with his favorite band (Green Day). I love them too and I am happy we are talking... but he met a girl with a kid and moved in with her after knowing her for a month. He was someone I cared for a lot and I got to know his family very well and I love them so much. So I lost everything. He wants me to be "best friends" with this girl and doesn't understand why I have no interest in that at all.

At the end of this month I was supposed to go with him to vacation for a week with the band (they invited us) and doesn't understand why I don't want to go anywhere with him anymore. He only talks to me now when he wants something with the band. I have never felt so used and broken by these two events that I think my symtoms are getting worse because of all the stress I am under just thinking and being so angry. Then I get diagnosed with MS. I don't get life sometimes. I didn't do anything wrong and yet I come away feeling like I am... well it doesn't matter. Life goes on.

Sorry this is so long. I tried to sum it all up as short as I could. lol

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
          "A candle looses nothing from lighting anoher candle".

Comment

Working...
          X