Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hello from San Antonio, TX!!! Really need someone to talk to about my MS. Been diagnosed since, June, 01, 2012.

Welcome to MS world Pumpkin! There are a lot of different "rooms" here accounting for age, issues like medication or nutrition and just general questions. I'm sure you will find lots of people to talk to who have gone through or are going through what you are now. Sorry you have to join us but glad to have you!
    I don't fall, the floor attacks me. The corner of the bed is in on it too.

Comment

Hi Pumpkin, you will find lots of support here. We're a friendly bunch, sorry that you have this rotten disease though. You're very newly diagnosed so you probably have tons of questions, please tell us about yourself and feel free to ask away!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

NEW

HI
        I WAS TOLD IN MARCH I HAD MS AND LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH IT MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY THINK THIS IS ALL IN MY HEAD SO THEY WONT ACCEPTED I FEEL ALL ALONE BUT THE MS CHAT ROOM HELPS
        THANK YOU
        ANKIA58

Comment

Hi from Texas

I am newly diagnosed as well, July 17, 2012. They found the "Dawson's Finger" and the lessions. I guess I really knew all along I had it and wanted to ignore it. I had optic neuritis when I was 18 and have dealt with symptoms on and off over the years. I am now 45. I finally went to see the doc when I started suffering extreme fatigue in March. I knew that this was not normal for me. I have always been a very active person, works out, takes care of myself, basically one those people that never slows down.

I am married and have 2 daughters. They along with my parents are doing their best to be supportive. My Mom has friends that have MS and has been asking them about their lives, treatments, etc. I go next week to do the spinal MRI and find out what they find there. Now the big question, do I get treament or continue as I have???

The doctor gave me three options, Gilenya, Copaxone, and Tsyabri. I was tested and can take the Tsyabri but I believe I have decided against that one. I am leaning towards the Gilenya and will be seeing a cardiologist and eye doctor to see if I can take that. My Mom believes I should wait and see. What if I start a med and I have other reactions/effects that I don't deal with now? I have lived with the numbness, balance issues, hard time remembering things, etc. till now. I know that anyday something else can strike...the fatigue is really what gets me down now. It is so very hard to function.
          I do work fulltime and want to continue...sometimes it is just so hard to get out of bed in the morning and at work just wishing I was home in bed. I am just so lost right now with others telling me what to do but their not me and I can't answer the question myself. I am not really make sense now...thanks for listening

Comment

Hi pumpkin

There are a lot of Texans on this site. I am in Boerne. It is a great site. I was diagnosed in 1972 and have done fairly well. In a wheelchair chair now but the biggie (vision) is fine.
            Maxx

Comment

Hi Pumpkin

There's a few Texans here to talk to.

I was dx'ed in 1988. Still work and live a fairly normal life. Nobody knows I have MS except family and close friends.

Tom
              "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
              - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
              X